Follow

Anyone else getting private messages from someone who previously posted his fury about the nursing home that killed his LO and how he was going to write a book about it? This person is now messaging me saying he knows who I am. He's wrong but the name of the person he thinks I am is a real person. Has anyone else had this guy bother them? I'm concerned about the person he thinks spoke unkindly to him (which actually was me) may hear from this guy and he may behave inappropriately. Can the site administrators help out here?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Scary. So glad AgingCare got back to you so quickly.
(0)

dear vegaslady,

i hope it's been sorted out by admin.
it's possible the man's mother really was mistreated in NH -- but the man (Trapwhisk) shouldn't be sending you unfriendly messages, and definitely not to the extent that you start worrying/having fear.

hug!
(1)

Hi, gladimhere. Yes, moderation does happen over the weekends. We try our best to handle reports and concerns in a timely manner but cannot be available 24/7 to moderate live.

Hopefully access to the moderator email address will be restored on Monday. I will post here again once it's fixed. In the meantime, please feel free to private message me with any issues or concerns. Again, thank you all for your patience and continued efforts to ensure this forum remains a safe and supportive space.
(2)

(1)

ACAdmin,
Does anyone watch for reported posts over the weekends? Even toward the end of a working day. I have seen items that should have been deleted sit on the site over a weekend and overnight when reports would have come early enough to take care of before the end of the working day.

If there is a problem with the moderator address how do.we report? And does someone monitor that?
(1)

Hi all. Bullying and threats will not be tolerated on the forum. We're aware of the situation and will continue monitoring it. Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with the moderator@agingcare.com email address. If you have any questions or concerns, please private message this account directly. Thank you all for your patience!
(1)

I haven't had any PM from him at all, but I do agree that you should report this directly to the Admins so they can take appropriate action. I'll report my response as well.

https://www.agingcare.com/aboutus: lower right corner.
(2)

I haven't gotten any messages from him, but I have gotten ugly messages from a user once that were threatening in every way imaginable. I made the PM public, first of all, so everyone could see it, then reported it to the admins who removed the message AND the person's account entirely.

Keyboard warriors are totally out of line with their idle threats while hiding behind their computer screens. But such people need to be stopped and removed from this site b/c cyber bullying is NOT okay. I'm sorry this has happened to you, vegaslady.
(1)

Thank you.
(1)

I've seen posts from the "Nursing Home Killed My LO" guy. He seemed strident but not unhinged but that apparently has changed. Grief + anger is a bad combination.
(0)

Vegas, I have not. But you should forward those messages to the admins. If you scroll down to "about us", you'll find the contact info. Meanwhile, I am reporting this so it gets seen!
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter