Follow

Hello. I just want to thank you all for restoring my sanity and helping me to keep my head above water by sharing your experiences and wealth of hard earned knowledge. Having called the US home for almost 20 years, I returned to Ireland with my partner (the most patient man on the planet!) 7 years ago for a visit, only to find my elderly parents struggling. Long story short, we're still here, living with and caring full time for my 90 year old mother who has vascular dementia and mobility issues with severe chronic pain. Homesick for the US but heartened by your voices and a daily dose of NPR online...taking solace in the little things :) Reading your stories and utilizing many of your helpful suggestions has saved me on more than one occasion. I'm learning as I go and putting one foot in front of the other. Go raibh mile maith agaibh go leir. Thank you all so much. Suzanne

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
What an inspiring story SuzInEire. I know you have your hands full now, but, do you intend to return to the US eventually?
(1)

Absolutely! The thought of returning is the only thing that keeps me going some days. Its home.
(4)

That's great! I've always wanted to travel from US to Ireland. I've only been to England and France, but, didn't make it to Ireland. Maybe, next time. I'm the caregiver for my cousin, who has Late stage dementia. She's in Memory Care, but, I hesitate to travel due to her condition. Maybe, one day.
(1)

aww.... (((TIGHT HUG))) I cannot imagine the homesickness :(
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter