Follow

I want to bring everyone's attention to this excellent, concise article by Kim on leaving instructions for funeral arrangements.

https://www.agingcare.com/articles/preparing-a-letter-of-instruction-427686.htm

An elderly congregant passed away over the weekend. The instructions for the funeral are in the will. The executor has died. The lawyer can't get to his office and the body is in a refrigerated trailer outside the hospital.

Write a simple letter of instruction and update it each year. Make sure that everyone knows where it is.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Why would a lawyer allow instructions in a Will. You can't even probate it for over a week from the death.
(3)

My son’s coworker died from the corona virus yesterday. Sometimes a funeral can’t be carried out the way they would have wanted. My son’s coworker has to have a virtual funeral. My son called me up crying this morning. My son is scared living in Queens NY and 20 people have the corona virus all on one floor of the bank he works at.
(2)

The instructions for the funeral may not be able to be carried out to the letter, but it would be nice if the rabbi knew where the plot was....
(3)

It is best to have a conversation with family before you die, so they are not taken by surprise. I know what Mum wants when she dies. Now if she dies during this pandemic, then the funeral will wait, but the cremation would go ahead.
(2)

Wonderful idea. Writing a letter is easy enough to do. Thanks 🙏. Important to do.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter