Follow

I’ve missed you all so much!!! Thank you everyone for all of your kind words on the other thread and in a private message. It means a lot to me!!!

My Mother passed away on October 31, 2020 with both me and my brother by her side. She went peacefully. I still miss her so much!!

It took us 10 days to clean out her house. It took us 3 days to clean out just the kitchen!! We had people helping us. We had 2 HUGE dumpsters and 50 HUGE contracting garbage bags to clean out her house!!! But we did it all in 10 days.

The great news is we sold her house in 2 days!! We asked 185,000 for her house and we got 187,500 to be split between me and my brother!!! It was assessed for 185,000!! We put on a new roof and garage door. But the house still needs to be painted on the outside and on the inside needs painting. After cleaning out her mess, we discovered beautiful hardwood floors throughout the house that had been protected by all her stuff!!! We close on January 22nd. Everything went smoothly.

Thank you all so much for everything!!! I loved reading everything you wrote to me!!

The holidays were hard. Today being my 59th birthday and my first birthday without her is hard. But otherwise I am doing fine. It’s good to be back!! I have missed you all!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Oh, Elaine!! It is so good to see you back!

Happy New Year and peace and health going forward.
(4)

Dear "Elaine1962,"

Happy 59th birthday even though it's your first birthday without your mom.

You and your brother have done so much and you should be proud of yourselves for all you've accomplished - especially the clearing out and selling of your mom's house. That is no easy task to be sure.

Welcome back and may you have a better 2021!
(3)

Nobodygetsit, Barbrooklyn, thank you!! It's good to be back. I've missed everybody.
(2)

Thank you!! It's good to be back!!
(2)

I was having trouble on this agingcare forum website replying back. Then I ended up writing my question twice because I didn’t think the first one went through. I am trying to reply again. Thank you for replying Barbbrooklyn and nobodygetsit.
(2)

Happy Birthday & WELCOME BACK Elaine! I was just thinking about you and so hoping you'd be back with an update for us!

I'm sorry about the loss of your mom, but glad she's at peace now, finally, after everything is said & done. I'm glad, too, that you were able to clean out the hoard & then sell the house so quickly. What a blessing & a great way to start the new year. We're all praying for a better 2021 for everyone, we deserve it.

Sending you a giant HUG and best wishes for a great birthday.
(5)

Thank you lealonnie!!! It’s good to be back!!! How is everything going with you? I need to catch up!!!
(1)

Happy Birthday!!
(2)

Elaine, thanks so much for posting your update. I’m so glad to read of your progress. After my sweet dad died this past summer, I cleaned out his home in a week, it was neat and organized, but I was mostly alone doing it. Very emotional and hard but I found it best to just plow through it. Sounds like you did the same. His home also sold very quickly. It’s a different road to be without your parent, one with both smiles and tears. I’m glad you’re doing well and finding the good. Your mom was so blessed by you. And a very happy birthday!
(5)

I am so very glad to hear from you and glad you are back, and WOW, you and your Bro did such good work. You did well on the house; someone will love it and live in it now, and you will have that help for you both. I think you can be really at peace. You did what you could and you knew it; you don't have to be scared for her anymore. She is at peace, and I bet would be happy. I hope with all that hard work you and your brother got a few shared giggles.
It is so good to hear GOOD NEWS in trying times. Welcome back!!!!
(3)

Happy birthday!
(3)

Welcome back, Elaine. We missed you!

Happy Birthday! 🎂🎈🎉🎊🎁
(3)

Welcome back, Happy Birthday and wow, I wish I had you and your brother to help me with mom's condo! It was a hike, so that limited how much I could do each trip, but still... 10 days... Mom's condo also sold very quickly and for more than the asking price, but it still sucked up almost 2 years of my life. I really began to hate that place and hope to NEVER see it again!

Yes, 2020 sucked. Glad it's over. Hope we can look forward to better times now... Lost my oldest kitty (with me over 21.5 years) and mom... We need to have everyone cooperate and kick that virus to the curb and beyond!
(4)

I put this under questions so people would see it but somehow it automatically went to discussions.

Some people private messaged me to say they didn’t see this thread.

Anyway, thank you all for everything!!
(1)

Elaine, welcome back. I am sorry for the loss of your mom. You have accomplished so much already. And happy birthday.
(2)

Happy Birthday to you 🎵🎵
Happy Birthday to you 🎵🎵
Happy Birthday dear elaine1962 🎵🎵
Happy Birthday to you 🎵🎵

🎈🎈🚋🎈🎈🚋🎈🎈🚋🎈🎈🚋🎈🎈

So glad you were born. The world is a better place with you in it, and so is AgingCare.
(8)

Happy Birthday Elaine & thank you for the updates!!! We’ve all been thinking of you. I’m impressed at how fast you & your brother & the helpers got the house cleaned out! You must have been wiped out when you were done! Did everything go to the trash?
(4)

Elaine - something made me think of you on Monday and I was going to look to see if you'd posted something to the forum and maybe I'd missed it. And here I am in the wee hours of Tuesday and I see that you had indeed posted on Monday! Funny how often that happens in life. I was hoping you'd come back when you were ready after all you've been through. Your posts are very thoughtful and I've learned a lot from them.
(3)

Thank you everyone. It’s good to be back. Worriedincali, not everything went into the trash. Even though we threw out 2 huge dumpster full of junk, and 50 huge contractor bags of junk, believe it or not there was a lot of furniture we sold on Facebook marketplace, donated a lot to the thrifty shopper, my brother and I took furniture,,and a friend of mine who is young and moving into her first house, I gave her couches, lamps, dressers, end tables etc. I donated a lot of furniture for her new home to get her started.

She was so happy and excited!!!
(2)

So sorry for the loss of your Mother.

I wish you a Happy Birthday & a much better 2021 to start this new chapter in your life (((hugs))).
(2)

Thank you Beatty!!
(0)

Welcome back, Elaine. thoughts and prayers sent to both you and your brother. I am so glad your mother went peacefully and you both were with her. Great you quickly sold the house and that is a load off. Wishing you a very Happy New Year 2021. So good to have you back. Happy Birthday and many more. Hugs to you.
(3)

Thank you everyone for your kind words and birthday wishes. I wish I could reply to each of you but with the discussion forum, you aren’t allowed to reply to each person. Thanks again!!
(4)

funny seeing this - I just posted something about finally having some of my grandma's things since we sold her house and put so much into a bog storage locker. It feels good to see their things to to a good home doesn't it? Take care, be well,
(1)

Hazelthebunny, thank you for your reply. We donated alot of furniture to my best friend's son and daughter n law since they were in the process of closing on their house and they had no furniture to put in it. We gave them tons of stuff. Couches, lamps, endtables, coffeetable, dressers, sofa bed, dishes, etc.

I talked to a gentleman in line at the drug store the other day and he was 70 and both his parents just died a few months ago. They were well into their 90's. He said both of his parents were hoarders living in a 3,000 square foot house. He said just in his mother's closet there were literally 300 hangers!!! I said I feel your pain. We just went through it with my mother.

But I am so glad that all of the furniture was donated and I was able to help my friend's son.
(4)

welcome Back Elaine. I thought I saw where you had responded to a post the other day but wasn’t sure. Just saw this post. I’m so impressed with how you have dealt with your mothers estate, so inspiring to me as I know how difficult it can be. I hope your son and brother are doing well.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter