Follow

When the time came for my mother to use incontinence wear, we called them Fancy Pants! She loved it and there was no embarrassment.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
My best friend told my husband about "paper underwear". She said she got them for her dad, when he had to start taking diuretics. My husband said " if his buddy Steve liked them then they were good enough for him!!"
His caregiver and I call them "chones" (Spanish slang for underwear) or "pantalones" (also Spanish slang). He doesn't care at all that he wears them. He often just runs around in them and a T-shirt.
(1)

Great name! And wonderful attitude
(1)

I can well understand my wife just calls mine stuff but we all know they are in reality diapers.The term at 1st was offence but with my ego gone.I'am ok now.
(0)

It is beyond me to comprehend how in the world this "Newsletter",etc could call them Diapers. Most packages use the words "Adult Briefs or Undergarments. I personally am extremely mortified and angry when anyone asks me about my diapers. I don't know anyone who doesn't feel the same way.
(0)

Your mom is very optimistic. I don’t think many people would have as positive of an attitude.

I bet she was a ‘half full’ instead of ‘half empty’ kind of person in most areas.

Many people are depressed or terribly upset if they need pads or underwear for incontinence.
(0)

Love this! Thanks for sharing !❤️
(0)

I like it.
(0)

That sounds good , Fancy Pants & Briefs for men :)
(1)

I love this!
(2)

Love it! I hate the word "diaper"...there's already too many indignities in aging and decline. "Diaper" just reinforces to others that the elder should be treated like a child.
(3)

I called them briefs for my dad, he never git over the anger at needing to wear them.

So glad that your mom was not angry and accepted the fact that she needed fancy pants.
(2)

Perfect! When my husband became incontinent, and had to wear diapers, I always called them his underwear, and I made all the hospice personnel call them that as well, as they always wanted to call them diapers. You want your loved one to retain as much dignity as possible in whatever ways you can. Thanks for sharing.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter