Follow

***Newbie 1st post***

OMG sitting here at work trying not to cry! I had no idea other families dealt with the same stuff!

The nasties, the guilt trips, the overbearing expectations, the LIES!

I can't wait to have a day off, pour a bottle of wine and get to reading the ideas and suggestions ya'll have already discussed!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Mamacita, one thing I have learned since joining this forum is that I'm not alone. Hope you get as much out of it as I have.
(1)

Hi Mamacita
Welcome to the forum.
You will find opinions here that inform, conflict, validate and encourage you.
While we, possibly like your family, don’t always agree, we do (For the most part) pull together to support one another through our challenges and know that we have your back. I hope you find us a safe haven.
(1)

Welcome to the forum! There are some great knowledgeable people on here! This is a great place to get answers, vent, and just to figure things out and
what will work for you!!!

I have learned so much about a lot of different topics and found a support system! You will too!!!
(2)

Mamacita24, welcome to the group. Glad to have you on board.

I see from your profile, you have your hands full. Let us help you along.

If you haven't had a chance to roam around the website, I highly recommend going to blue/green bar at the top of the page and click on CARE TOPICS. These are articles written by experts, great to have in case you need immediate information :)
(2)

Welcome!

Hope you will find answers to some of your concerns.

Vent all you like. We have all vented from time to time.

Take info if it is useful to you. Discard the rest.

Each of us has a different situation. There are no one size fits all answers.
(6)

Welcome Mamacita!! Keep coming back!! You will find valuable solutions to your problems here. Everyone here is so compassionate and we’ve all been there. We know what you are going through.
(5)

Warm welcome to you.

This safe space gave me the courage to spill things out that were eating me up. The experiences people drew from, had learned from were so varied. I felt I had found a gold mine. I will forever be grateful for the support I received as I took my first steps out of the boiling pot I had jumped into.
(5)

Welcome to the forum, Mamacita. You will find valuable information and advice from the caregivers on this site.
(4)

Welcome!

And (sadly) whatever you have or are experiencing in the elder care arena...we've heard it.

((hugs))
(5)

It is very comforting to those on this forum to know that we're not alone. That is so important, as caregiving for anyone with any type of issues(mental and health) can be very stressful and isolating, so feel free to jump in any time.
(4)

You are never alone with this forum. You'll find someone who is experiencing the same issues you are. Once the wine is finished, go ahead and post your caregiving concerns. I'm sure you'll find a lot of help. And welcome.
(3)

Welcome, Mamacita!
(5)

Yes, welcome. My Caregiving days are over but Ibstayed on hoping I can help others.
(6)

Hello Mamacita24,
This site has truly helped me navigate my way in caregiving. It has helped me see things though multiple pairs of eyes. I am so grateful I discovered it. There are some very wise and experienced individuals here. It is a safe space to ask questions, vent, connect and reflect. You are not alone!
Warmly,
Sunny
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter