Follow

Almost right at 12 noon

I bent over the bed and got my arms under her and held her to me. I put my lips right close to her ear and said, “This will be our last adventure but you’ll have to finish without me. I’ll get by ok and be alright. I’ll always love you. I always like looking at you, hearing your voice and having you near me. Goodbye Sweetheart.”

I went home hoping that would be the last time I saw her alive. I had no intention of my last memory being seeing her dead. Our daughter and grand daughter were with her when her breathing changed drastically about 430 and she died right at 5PM.

My last memory of looking at her is alive. Her color was good her face smooth and at peace. I said what I wanted her to hear. There’s no unfinished business. I’m good.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for comfort and peace for you and your family.
(2)

so very sorry for your loss, it's very good you have your last memory of her alive, hang on to that and know she;s at peace now. Brightest blessings to you and may you find peace yourself.
(0)

I am so very sorry to hear this.
(1)

Words are never enough but - I'm sorry for your loss.
(0)

I am so sorry for your loss, qmnpxl. Also, I am pleased that you were given that time with her and were able to tell her all those lovely things.
Thinking of you today.
(0)

Hugs, I am very sorry for your loss.
(0)

rainbow in the sky
souls flown - angels cry with me
farewell, I love you

© Georgia Kereopa
(0)

So sorry for your loss, so glad you got to say goodbye.
(2)

Hugs, I am sorry for your loss.

May God grant you peace and comfort during this time.
(3)

((((((((Hugs))))))) and deep sympathies for your loss.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter