Follow

It appears that the young people have reached a new low in their disrespect towards others. They are now daring, challenging one another to go cough in someone's face.

Just curious how others would respond and to warn everyone to be mindful when you have to be out and about.

Stay safe and May God protect each one of you and your families.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Thank you for this info.  Horrible.  What is wrong with people?

I heard and read news that people doing anything like this to other people and/or items in stores are being charged for serious crimes, including terroristic threats and more.  I suspect there will be lawsuits to follow. 

I'd probably say nothing, not look at them or acknowledge, turn and leave to avoid escalation.  One never knows what lengths crazy people like that would stoop to.
(4)

A couple days ago, a woman in Pennsylvania coughed on stuff in a grocery store on purpose. They had to toss $35,000worth of food. They are evaluating her mental health. If competent may be charged with terrorism Deservedly so.

Frickin’ morons.
(4)

People are refusing to comply with the requested behaviors and they are risking lives. On March 9, just three weeks ago, the first NBA player to be diagnosed with the virus ended a press conference by touching all the microphones in front of him and rubbing his hands across the table. He then smirked at the cameras as he walked off. Why did everyone accept his deliberate act to cause harm? At that time, he was awaiting test results that two days later came back positive, but he did a deliberate act knowing he could be ill and spreading it to others. He exemplified human behavior at its worst. Some people believe they are too good to follow rules, that they know better than others, and that nobody can hold them responsible for anything.
(3)

There will be prosecutions, but better than that there will very soon be stern peer group censure and it will stop being funny or clever.

I am very sorry to say that it brought to mind some senior school students a couple of years back who thought it would be 'funny' to take peanut butter into a classroom which belonged to a teacher they were victimising (vicious little witches) who was known to have a nut allergy. They were prosecuted, quite rightly.

I think probably the worse punishment, though, was having the reality of what they'd done brought home to them; and I would expect that that is what needs to happen with the Cough Dare, too.
(1)

That NBA player was on the Jazz, Utah's NBA team. He was soundly reprimanded and justly so. What an idiot, but we have come to a place where we put professional ball players on pedestals and cut them a lot of slack.

I doubt he will appear on ANYBODY'S roster next year. His teammates are all completely disgusted with him. As are fans.

I think we will see acts like becoming more frequent and I hope, arrestable and fineable.

I had a woman come to my house on Monday collecting sighnatures for someone who wants to be on the ballot come November. I chewed her out for being out and about with a FILTHY pen and clipboard. Her response? "This is a gov't hoax, and anyway, I take essential oils, so I'll be OK". Told her I didn't CARE of she was OK, I was worried about my elderly neighbors.

Again--you cannot fix stupid.
(5)

I would have to say something. How ridiculous these fools are. These people have a screw loose!
(2)

Just ugly as it can be when people intentionally expose others because they are worshipped by so many people. He should be prosecuted and barred from pro sports, he is obviously a mental case to pull something like that.

I hope that the woman that ruined 35k worth of food gets prosecuted and has to work for every morsel she gets while in prison.

I just pray that I don't have to find out how I would deal with some scumbag coughing in my face on purpose. I would rather avoid something that can create a knee jerk reaction.
(2)

I completely agree with the sentiment that professional athletes and celebrities in general - think they are above us common folk. I suspect a lot of it has to do with their personal “posse” of hanger-on’ers who always tell them “yes” and “of course you’re special...”

These folks get away with murder - sometimes literally. It’s about time they get held to the same standards and laws that apply to us little people.

Thank you so much! Today’s rant quota fulfilled.
(3)

I heard a young person make this remark in front of me yesterday: "I hope he gets the worst possible case of COVID-19 & there are no respirators available." I swear I turned white and said to her, "DO NOT EVER SAY SUCH A THING AGAIN!" She looked at me like I had two heads. Who says things like that? It was all I could do not to smack her across her smug little pierced and decimated face.

God help us all
(4)

Rainmom, I am cracking up. Hanger-on-ers, that's what we told the little ones when they had boogers. Seems appropriate.

Lealonnie good job for calling out that hateful statement.

I was at the restaurant supply store and a guy pulled out half a box of gloves that they have graciously provided for people and then shoved them back in the box. I still don't know if the looks were because of his actions or mine, I called him on it and then had to put my hands in his face to keep him at least my arms length away.

What could possibly motivate this behavior?
(2)

Remember people were licking ice cream, and putting those back in the stores' freezers and filming it.  I had to wonder how many did that who didn't film it, and what else did they so wherever.

Perhaps they're not taught at home how to be civilized and live in society with others; not an excuse, an observation.  Obviously, the consequences and punishment for these crimes are not harsh enough to put a stop to this despicable, depraved behavior.  They could start by lifetime barring from all their stores nationwide ~ including sports, etc. ~ all those who refuse to function in society by the norms. acceptable behaviors, and fully prosecute them.

God help us all..
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter