Follow

$650 here at minimum here.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I'm leaving my body to science, they will foot the bill for everything except obit. I don't want one.
(0)

The obit for my step dad cost $815.68 in our local 2xweek paper. Mum and his daughter wrote it. I was shocked at the cost, but paid it.

I was reimbursed by the estate.
(1)

Out of all things I am sparring m5 sis about. Gah. For last 6 month's, has fussed about me sending flowers monthly to our mom. I paid for. She split cost for a few. Fussed the whole time.

This Eve over obit cost, she says mom should pay for. I kinda feel cheesy about. He'll I will pay for.
I Don't think my deceased mom should pay for her own obit. I just don't.maybe I am wrong.
(0)

I had no idea myself until my MIL passed. I think it was $850 to put it in the local newspaper! Her children elected not to do that. FWIW the newspaper is struggling financially, I think they are down to publishing 2 papers a week.

interestingly, in my FILs home state a death notice (announces death and when services are) is $15. But a full obituary is $150. A lot cheaper than California. Current family disagreement? One sibling wants a full obituary and the 2 are good with the death notice. Needless to say, the sibling wanting a full obituary will have to foot the entire bill if they insist on an obituary.
(1)

Can no longer afford to die.
(3)

About the same as for us last December. Very expensive!!!
(0)

I didn't put my mom's obit in the big city daily paper so I don't know how much it would have been, at her age there wouldn't have been many who weren't able to find out from our local weekly paper. I think more and more people are skipping the obits and posting online where possible, and most funeral homes have a web presence.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter