Follow

$650 here at minimum here.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I didn't put my mom's obit in the big city daily paper so I don't know how much it would have been, at her age there wouldn't have been many who weren't able to find out from our local weekly paper. I think more and more people are skipping the obits and posting online where possible, and most funeral homes have a web presence.
(4)

About the same as for us last December. Very expensive!!!
(0)

Can no longer afford to die.
(3)

I had no idea myself until my MIL passed. I think it was $850 to put it in the local newspaper! Her children elected not to do that. FWIW the newspaper is struggling financially, I think they are down to publishing 2 papers a week.

interestingly, in my FILs home state a death notice (announces death and when services are) is $15. But a full obituary is $150. A lot cheaper than California. Current family disagreement? One sibling wants a full obituary and the 2 are good with the death notice. Needless to say, the sibling wanting a full obituary will have to foot the entire bill if they insist on an obituary.
(1)

Out of all things I am sparring m5 sis about. Gah. For last 6 month's, has fussed about me sending flowers monthly to our mom. I paid for. She split cost for a few. Fussed the whole time.

This Eve over obit cost, she says mom should pay for. I kinda feel cheesy about. He'll I will pay for.
I Don't think my deceased mom should pay for her own obit. I just don't.maybe I am wrong.
(0)

The obit for my step dad cost $815.68 in our local 2xweek paper. Mum and his daughter wrote it. I was shocked at the cost, but paid it.

I was reimbursed by the estate.
(1)

I'm leaving my body to science, they will foot the bill for everything except obit. I don't want one.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter