Follow

Mom's CONSTANT complaints, requests, talking about herself. I'm at the end of my rope. I live here and am working way too many hours. Other caregivers come in to help the rest of the time. Mom can't do anything for herself and is waited on hand and foot.

Thankfully a live-in candidate from an agency is coming here this morning to train. I'm SO burned out I wish very often that she just drop dead. I hate my behavior, my rage...I'm going to lose it soon and don't know what to do.

The only thing I can think of to put a lid on my anger is to leave the room. ahhh, now i feel better for the time being.

I am going through menopause and i think that has a lot to do with my intense outbursts so I should give myself a break. Ha...just put two and two together on this...because i'm having a hot flash. LOL.

How do i stop reacting to her narcissistic behavior without going crazy???

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Your profile says she's in independent living. So why is she being waited on hand and foot?

On another thread, you said that she has enough money to hire people and is now paying you to take care of her, but is using that against you.

You also wrote that you are seeing a therapist to deal with these buttons she keeps pressing. Is there anyway that you can contact your therapist today and ask them to work you in someday this week? Most therapists will do that upon request in an emergency.

Maybe, you just need to get out of her line of fire, go get a job and find somewhere else to live so that you can live independently from her.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter