Follow

I have taken care of a sister and 2 brothers in the past. I learned that their was a leaving this earth and wanting to just go. It is good when you can just say I love you and I want to just say Good Bye now and truly release her or him. Don't let their wishes take you down. They are not there as much as they used to be. Just comfort one another in the family and friends.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
My Mom's death certificate read time of death was 1:50. I and my disabled nephew were the last to visit her. We told her nephew would be alright, said our goodbyes and left at 1:30. Time of death was determined when the nurse found her. I have always wondered if she "let go" right after we left. The next time the nurse saw me, she asked if my nephew was the last one who saw her. I said yes. She said it happens that way. They hang on until that one person comes. It can be just putting a phone up to their ear so they hear that voice.

Yes, when its a person's time and we r lucky to be there, we need to tell them goodbye and we will be alright.
(3)

Thank you JoAnn.
(0)

sanejane, when my Mom was in long-term-care under Hospice, I was told by Hospice that Mom would probably pass within 48 hours. So I stayed the night with her.

It was after midnight and I was channel surfing and found a movie to watch, in fact it was my Mom's all time favorite move "Smokey and the Bandit". What was interesting, my Mom passed a couple minutes after the movie had ended. I asked the nurse about that and since my Mom had been in a coma state for a couple days I was wondering if this was a coincidence. The nurse said even if a person is in a coma state, it is believed that the person's senses are increased. Thus, my Mom waited for her favorite movie to end.

When my Dad was in Hospice, and in his coma state, I said how wonderful he was, I was so glad he taught me every tool that was in the toolbox and how to use it, and that it was ok to leave and be with my Mom, etc. After I left his room, he later passed on. Knowing Dad, I believed he didn't want me to see him in his final moments.
(1)

Good to know, freqflyer. you are a wonderful son. It is a moment well spent.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter