Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
You can't really expect to open a 'discussion' with little to no details about your situation!! Give us the full story of what's going on and what sort of advice you're seeking and only then will you receive lucid answers! Otherwise, you'll get a bunch of answers based on speculation!
(0)

I *think* what might be going on is that you weren't going to the other couple's home for dinner 7 days a week, and now you are. So you want to know what is a fair rate for the increased hours?

I have another question...are you being paid under the table? Are taxes being taken out? Do you have health insurance? What happens if you get injured on one of your jobs?

How are you planning for your own retirement?
(1)

Sorry, I am still confused. You are a live in but leave every evening to do another job as well?

Who are you living with? Are they okay with you leaving?

Are these independent or through an agency? If independent, you need to charge what you are worth. You need to support yourself. This is a little complicated. It also depends on what the person can afford to pay.
(0)

Ok sorry I do live in but I also have a husband and wife where my hours just got changed I now am going there 7 days a week for dinner only and shower them once a week during that time as well what should my pay be? I don’t know if I am allowed to ask that? So I’m cooking dinner 7 days a week and giving both a shower . Thank you
(0)

Can you give us a bit more information? Your profile says you live in. Paid by your parents? Clients? Agency? What are the circumstances that you are dealing with? We will try to help but don’t have a lot of info.

What is going on that makes you feel like you are being taken advantage of? I am not saying that you are imagining anything, we just do not have a lot to go on here.

Do you want to remain a caregiver in this particular home, even though it doesn’t seem to be working out for you? You say it’s a calling. Help us to understand your situation better. Thanks.
(2)

Do you work privately or with a agency?
How are they taking advantage? I can relate being taken advantage. It's annoying.
(1)

More details. Taken advantage of how? Caregivers are in SUPER high demand, and that's only going to skyrocket in the coming decades, so look to greener pastures if you don't like where you're at now.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter