Follow

Can anyone think how to tie 2 metre diameter hula hoops at hip level so that if we need to be out and about we can keep the required distance from others? Suspenders over each shoulder?

And where do you get a 2 metre wide hula hoop...

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I like this idea, but wonder if having suspenders over the shoulders would mean when you move around the hoop sways from side to side? I think instead perhaps finding a way to secure the hoop at your belt would work quite well. It would remain in place and equal distance around the body regardless of movement. Necessity is the mother of invention. I like it.
(1)

I really think that this is the answer CM.

https://www.clbxg.com/Giant-Hoop-Skirt-Dress/

Although I'm not sure how you would be able to drive in one. Or take the bus. Or fit through the door of your house for that matter. But you'd look stunning! (okay, stunned might be the better word)
(2)

Isthis I can't keep hulaing that long! (If I'm really honest I'm not sure I could get it going at all, not any more) I'm thinking more in terms of its dangling around me as I go sedately about my ordinary day.
(0)

If you wear a mask you are also likely to be given space.
(1)

Since bathing and laundry wasn't to today's standards I think that it was used to keep your face away from odors.

No, it's a hoola, so it is moving keeping a 1 meter distance as is swings around.

I actually have one that I use for exercising. I think that I would be left completely alone anywhere if I went out hoola hooping. 🤣
(1)

Crazy like a fox!

If you're in the middle of your 1 meter one, the distance from you to the edge is half a meter, is the only thing. Plus half a meter on the other person.

Do you think that's why ladies wore crinolines in the olden days? - to keep their distance???
(2)

You only need a 1 meter hoola hoop, because I have a 1 meter one and that keeps us 6' apart.

Suspenders work great, but you need to weight the hh.

Or you buy xtra large and rig up 4 of them so you have 6' all around you.

I have found that mumbling to yourself keeps people at a distance. Fear of craziness is useful.
(5)

Old pantyhose?
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter