Follow

It's been a while since this has come up so I though I'd post it for our newer forum members 😁

You may already know that all pull-up style products (at least any that I've come across) are designed to tear easily along the sides for removal, but getting a clean one on doesn't have to involve getting undressed, which can be a real pain in public washrooms! I'll skip the directions and post a couple of video links, because a picture (or video) is worth a thousand words. 😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9lRSGaX6R4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7fPpTqdUg0

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
This is helpful, cwillie! Thank you for remembering us newbies (July 2022).
(2)

ITRR, I’ve been lurking on here since we moved to AL. I check the forum, without signing in, almost every day. I’ll post later on Discussions why I’m not as active here as I once was. Things are better for us now. Thanks for asking.
(1)

hallah, good to see you posting. Hope everything is going well for you and your DW.
(0)

cwillie, many thanks for the links! I’m sure sooner or later I’ll be putting that lesson to use. Perhaps my wife and I’ll practice before actually needing to change her when we’re out and about.
(1)

Cwillie, Thank you for your advise in removing the soil pull ups. It worked!
(1)

LOL Kantankorus
(1)

Yep, that really helps as undressing and re dressing is a nightmare anytime.
But you should follow my dad's own unwittingly brilliant solution...
In a fit of obsession (or sheer genius) he put on 5 pairs of pullups - he is quite skinny which makes it feasible.
So how easy it was to remove the offending item and still have reserves in place ready to go! A bit like Formula One race drivers' visors - they just peel off a strip as it becomes grubby and voila!
Be warned though... number five gets a bit 'loosey goosey'.
I keep telling everyone my dad is a genius (or criminal mastermind - haven't quite worked that out yet. lol).
(4)

Thanks 👍👍
Wish I'd seen this earlier!

I managed one side but & had nearly worked out the 2nd side until I saw the chipopalooza shoe.. 😩
(1)

I was told how AFTER I placed Mom. It always took the aides no time to toilet her. I asked how they were so quick and was told. I also was not aware that the sides rip on a Depends. Both of these ideas could have saved me a lot of frustration and a bad back.
(1)

thanks!! useful :)
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter