Follow

Hi all-
I recently found a Ted Talk on YouTube regarding new research showing that menopause CAN (not always), be linked to Alzheimer’s due to decrease in estrogen in women. Twice as many women get Alzheimer’s than men.
I don’t know how to post the direct link, just go to YouTube and search:
Ted Talks How menopause affects the brain/Lisa Masconi.
This Ted Talk came out last year.
susan xoxoxo

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
That's interesting. Thanks for bringing this up.
(0)

I'm reading a book called The Myth of Alzheimer's. The author is an expert in the field of brain aging, and he calls for a more balanced view of brain aging. Alzheimer's has been turned into an industry, and it's not beneficial for those facing cognitive changes as they age. We will all experience a decline in our faculties just as our physical bodies decline with age. It's an interesting book and puts these issues into a better perspective.
(2)

OkieGranny, you hit the proverbial nail on the head:

"Alzheimer's has been turned into an industry" .    I would add that aging itself has been turned into an industry, with potential for exploitation of seniors, perhaps the most vulnerable population other than babies and children.
(1)

Hello e1-
i completely agree that Alzheimer’s and EVERY other possible thing humans can get their hands on can or has been twisted for profit and exploitation. Especially in the medical, specifically pharmaceutical industries. IMO, COVID is a prime example of this. At some point we all will or have fallen into some type of situation where we are the host for some capitalist parasite. This video offers an explanation of how menopause affects us and a confirmation that we’re not crazy.
susan xoxoxo
(0)

Here is the link to the Ted Talk site.

https://www.ted.com/talks/lisa_mosconi_how_menopause_affects_the_brain?language=en

To post the link I tapped and released the address line on my kindle, then I highlighted it by holding it, when highlighted, the option to copy will come up. Then go to where I want to copy it to, you touch and hold where you want to paste it, the paste option will appear! Voila!I

And the YouTube link
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JJZ8z_nTCZQ
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter