Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I'm so sorry for your loss.

You sound quite distraught. Would you like to share what your dad was ill with?
(0)

I am very sorry you had such a bad experience with hospice. I am a huge fan of hospice.
I am sorry for your loss.
Can you describe what "went wrong" in your own opinion? Sharing our experiences and opinions are what the Forum is all about, and it is a huge help to others searching out information, learning what doesn't work for others and what does.
My best to you,
(0)

I'm not sure how hospice killed your father, as you don't elaborate, but I can tell you from personal experience, that that is not the intent of hospice. People that are put under their care, have been diagnosed by their doctor as having 6 months or less to live, and have opted out of traditional care for comfort care instead.
My husband was under hospice care in our home for the last 22 months of his life, and while there were times when I had to get after them to make sure my husband was receiving the care he needed and deserved, there was never a time when I thought that they were killing him.
Your father was obviously very ill, and since you are a Christian, you know that when God calls us Home, that we will go Home, regardless of the circumstances, and whether or not we're under hospice care or not.
So while I'm guessing that your grief is still very fresh, I hope and pray that you will rest in the knowledge that your father is now in the arms of Jesus. And given a chance to stay with Jesus or come back to you, you know that he would stay exactly where he is now.
May God grant you peace and comfort in the days, weeks and months ahead.
(1)

Hospice is caring for my 95 y/o mother with love & great attention. They are not 'killing' her in any way, shape or form. If they were, however, I'd FIRE them on the spot, take her OFF of hospice, and get her to the hospital or whatever type of care I felt to be appropriate. Nobody is bound to keep hospice on board when they're not happy with the care that's being given to their loved one. #Truth

My condolences on the loss of your father. Grief is a terrible thing and oftentimes we lash out looking for someone to blame. God is in charge of when we humans transition, as you likely know, being a Christian. Wishing you all the best as you process your grief.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter