Follow

Has anyone almost hit their limit on phone calls, coming from your health insurance or health care provider?

Have you just decided not to fill out those forms from S.S., or your telephone provider or health care provider, or others?

Have you tried to return a call to your major health care provider, and got the main number, only to discover, after 3 tries, no one knows whose call you are returning?

I am so done, so burnt out. Am I the only one?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I worked for a practitioner, we had medical history forms that had to be completed prior to the first visit. I emailed them to the patient or their designated Health POA a week ahead of time and reminded them about the forms when I did the reminder call a couple days ahead of the appointment. At that point I could answer any questions they may have had.

When I worked at the Physio/Podiatry clinic, I learned that many people are functionally illiterate and I got be very good at quickly and discretely going over the form with them. The tell tale comment, was, oh I forgot my glasses...

Major Surgery? Anything taken out or put into your body?

One day I had a lady who was our patient come in to ask if I could help her with a form from another office. It was long, complex and she was illiterate. She did not want to admit to the admin at the other office she could not read, so she brought it to me and I helped her complete it on my lunch hour.

I cannot imagine being asked to complete forms each visit. At my doctor, and my vet, I am only asked if I have moved. At the local hospital, my information on file is verbally confirmed.
(3)

I am already averse to going for any kind of medical appointment, if I had to deal with all the forms and insurance hassles on top of it I think that I would do like the animals and just find a nice quiet spot to crawl into and lick my wounds, or die.
(2)

CM,
My insurance has changed, so when I was handed the ipad to fill out the usual questionnaire.....Lol.

I am FINE!
(0)

Riverdale, oh those forms at the doctor's office. I would schedule back to back appointments for my parents, thus I would be giving two clipboards. How I remember LOUDLY asking my Mom questions since she was hard of hearing. There was never enough time to fill them out before their names were called.

Then I had a brilliant idea..... next time I got those darn clipboards, I would write across the front of them "SAME AS BEFORE", have my parents sign the forms, and hand them back to the admins behind the counter.
(2)

CM,
There is that....have fun with them.
And, good point. Highly likely NO ONE READS the surveys.

LOL. Tomorrow I see my therapist. They hand you a tablet to fill out how you are feeling. Oh what fun....it is to mess with them....on a one horse open sleigh!

Jingle.
(2)

You could have some fun with them. If you suspect these things are the purest waste of time and get filed and are never seen again, and you're bored, why not make up your answers? - e.g. on the satisfaction questionnaire "Very satisfied - the petits fours served with the coffee were a particularly nice touch."

Or keep a list of incredibly rare health conditions, and claim to have had all of them when you were a baby. [n.b. don't sign the form, if you're going to do this. You will need plausible deniability in case anyone should chance to read it.]
(3)

Send,

You are right about it being an annoyance. I suppose they are collecting data but it is terribly aggravating.
(2)

NHWM.
Yeah, then if you fill out the survey with a comment, they contact you again!
Don't fill out surveys anyone!

Maybe I am just irritable because of sensitivities to the full moon, and family stressors.

We need to stand strong, maybe not answer some calls, and not fill out some forms.
(1)

Send,

You’re right. Tons of forms! Every doctor visit I go to I get a follow up email to fill out a survey form asking about the care given. Same thing with hospital stays.

Before the appointment I am asked if I want to do a pre check in. So I do and take the time to answer all of the questions. Guess what? Your name is called, you sit with the nurse before the doctor arrives and she asks all the same questions!

So, I told the nurse, “I filled out the form online with these questions.” She says, “Yes, I know but we still have to ask them.” So what is the point!

I am no longer filling out the pre visit questions for my doctor’s office. I get sick of filling out forms too.
(4)

I am annoyed when I take my mother to a doctor she has seen before and they want me to update with their forms. She brings a set of papers the AL has sent with her which have all her updated medications and any current medical issues. I am not my mother and she is not even herself always so we cannot answer their questions but she is providing them with plenty of paperwork. I have become annoyed with at least 3 offices when they hand me a clipboard and I hand them the envelope from AL and tell them they will just have to accept that. Yesterday they said they needed to know if their was an updated pharmacy and I had to point out they had no pharmacy listed and then they said that must mean they give the prescription but they could know that. I am also annoyed when they make a date for a follow up without knowing my schedule. I often have to change it.
(3)

We are born, and your doctor fills out a birth certificate.
We die, and the doctor fills out a death certificate.
In between there are driver's licenses and marriage certificates.

Would anyone be able to get through life without all these certificates?
So tired of filling out forms!

So done!

Just now, I ended the call I was trying to return, thinking if it is important, they will call back.

What if we just stop answering calls, filling out forms, forever...or at least until the end of the year? Would that be unreasonable?
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter