Follow

I know the focus of this board is on care giving and for the most part seniors, but I wanted to share some good news.

Last night I became a Granny. Rayne is a healthy 3 pound 13 oz one month early baby boy. Each of my parents was thrilled to get phone calls telling them they are now Great Grandparents. Amazingly this little one has 3 great grandparents by blood and three by marriage.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Congrats Tothill!! That is great news!
(0)

Tothill
It's always nice to hear good news. Congrats!! What a blessing.
(0)

Thank you everyone.

I was back to the hospital today. They are in a city an hour away.

Rayne will stay in the NICU until at least Friday. He still need help regulating his body temperature and is on an IV. He has successfully nursed and his blood sugar levels are increasing.

The doctors are doing some test to find out what happened in the womb. He is very small for dates and his placenta was smaller than expected too.

My son had him on his naked chest for a while this afternoon. It is great that they allow dads to participate in the care in a hands on manner. It was funny though, the nurse did not think he would know how to change a diaper. His siblings are 10 and 12 years younger than him, he has changed a diaper or two.

I got to hold him today. It is just so tiny, but perfectly formed.
(3)

Congratulations:)
(0)

Newborns are my absolute favourite! I wish they could stay tiny for a whole lot longer! I would Love a new Grandchild, but hate to be the pushy Mom about it, lol! At least yours is starting off littler! I hope him being a Premie isn't going pose any issues, as long as they are healthy, that's the important thing! ❤❤❤
(0)

Congrats! That is big news. Babies are special gifts from God. Heaven sent miracles. I don’t have grandchildren but I have great nieces and nephews. I don’t get to see them often. They live in other states but I love when they visit me.
(2)

Caregiver Tothill,
Congratulations on the birth of your grand baby!

Funny thing about caregiving....life goes on without us and we can still be blessed with new life.

You will be a happy grandma!
(3)

Congratulations Tothill! Being a Nana is one of my Biggest Achievements! Plus, I think that they makes you feel young again, and I Love the Funny and Inquisitive things that they say. Another thing is that you get to be the one who spoils them and then sends them back to Mom and Dad when they begin get on your nerves, LOL! Mine are 6 and 10 and 13 (all Boys), and the Love of our Lives! Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!
(1)

Such good news!! Enjoy your new role!
(2)

Congrats, me too, it must be in the air, my new nephe
w,1/24/2020-also healt
3lb.14oz.-m
y 21yr.old has a 6mo.&
5mo.prego...
So yes,gogo
Granny-& thak God 4 blessings!!!?
(2)

Wishing baby Rayne wonderful and happy growth with such loving grandparents waiting!
(0)

Congratulations!! Grandparenting is the best gig ever.
(3)

My very best wishes to you. I am a grandmother to three and they have brought tremendous joy to my life. I imagine this will be your experience in time. They really do grow so quickly.
(0)

Congrats! Enjoy! I was able to watch my Gson from 2 months to 20 months. Then Mom came into the picture and he was put in DC. Now he is 7. Time just goes.
(0)

Oh my, that's so tiny! 🥰
Will he have to stay in hospital? - I think they used to keep them until they were 5 lbs but things are so different now.
(0)

A healthy baby with loving parents, grandparents and great-grandparents is always happy news worth sharing. Congratulations!
(1)

Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing!
(0)

Congratulations!!
(0)

Congratulations. That IS happy news AND a welcomed change!
(0)

Congratulations to the whole family!
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter