Follow

Of course she didn’t tell me. Heard it from my cousin. Mom said doctors won’t fill out the paperwork that the state sent. She won’t let me see them, saying one is a psych report, the second a physical and the third report she’ll ask DMV if they really need it. Lol.

So happy she’s not on the road anymore.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Yay! Thanks for posting this update!
(3)

Well if you're happy then I say congrats to you and all the drivers who are safer without your mom behind the wheel.
(4)

Oh, Kat, I am so happy to hear this news!!!
(3)

Like taking Alka Seltzer.
Oh what a relief for you!

A toast to caregiver success! 🍻🍸🥤🥂
Chocolate shake here, what are you having?
(4)

Chamomile and lavender tea, right now. Lol
(3)

AMEN
(2)

A long time coming . . . but finally!
(2)

I’m very happy for you. I know it can be a very worrisome ordeal
(2)

Involved in this right now and scared to death we won't get the keys and car before a LO hits and hurts somebody.
(3)

Yay! Fantastic news.

You will breathe a little easier now 😊.
(2)

Excellent! I might throw you a virtual party on this thread!
Ok everyone, I'm bringing the cake and champagne! Can anyone bring the balloons?
(2)

🤗🎈🎊🎉🎈🎈🎊🎉🎈🎈🎈🎉🎈🎈
🎉🎈🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🍿🥂
(2)

That's great if it stops her from driving. But for many people not having a license does not keep them off the road. Make sure she gets rid of the car.
(1)

That is great news! I finally sold the truck 7 months ago. Every week he asks when we are going to buy him a new truck because he has the money...there is no good way for the conversation to go without him throwing a fit! Hang in there.
(2)

phoward, wish I could sell her car, but doesnt want our help. She’s gotten nasty with me and has removed herself from interacting with our family. She thinks she is independent, but that’s slowly coming to an end. All I can do is hang in, as you say. And wait for the next shoe to drop.
(0)

jlobo, I am unsure if this will stop her from driving. Says her docs won’t sign the papers. and refuses to discuss it with me, because I “don’t have to worry about it“.

attending neurologist in the ER in 2019 said no driving till assessment was made. I had taken all her car keys before she was discharged, then she screamed and demanded I returned them, and told her I could not do that. Sometime later, her neighbor texted that she was driving. I suspect mom visited the dealership and paid hundreds for new key fobs.

The best idea would be for her to sell the car and use the proceeds, along with her insurance payments, to pay for Ubers. Again, she doesn’t want my help and am sure she will let it sit there and rot. Just like she has done with dad’s tools, her property and the house. There is no reasoning with her.
(0)

Love the enthusiasm, purple!! Thanks for the chuckle 🤣🥳
(0)

Mid - do the reporting yourself! I did because even though the psych report in the ER said cognitive decline, neither the psych or the neurologist on call or the hospital forwarded paperwork to the state. I detailed the many changes I saw in mom, put it in writing and sent to the state. Took many follow ups and sending proof of POA, then COVID hit - and everything stopped. So happy I pursued this. Praying for your action!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter