Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Two potatoes are
standing on a
corner. How do
you know which
one is the
prostitute? IT has
a sticker that says
"Idaho"
(3)

i must say....this post and the answers reeeaaallly made me laugh!!! nothing about my mom ever made me feel icky, except when i first started cleaning poop. She was bed ridden...and could not even move to scratch her beautiful little face for the last year of her life. I changed her diapers every two hours...and believe it or not...this didn't bother me anymore either!!! i think i just loved her soooo much, i just wanted to make sure she was clean and as comfortable as possilble. that little angel died last week...I felt the stress of all those years of caring for her just pouring out of my body!!! and yes, when they die, you will forget about all the hard work it took to care for them. not sure i love my father like that...so hope when he goes...it's quick!!!
(2)

jsomebody . thinking of you , hope all is well ,,,
bobbie ! hope you and ur boat is safe xoxo cuz thinking of you too and keep up with the jokes ,
we are doing ok here .
everybody love ur elders xoxox
lifeexperience yes we learn a very important lesson about the tooth brush , bobbie warned us about her expericance , lol toothbrush is well hiden now ...
(1)

lol...lhis is probably one of the easiest problems to correct. leave that toothbrush and comb where it is for HER...and put yours in your bedroom...and take it to the bathroom when you need it! take care!
(0)

bobbie be safe with the storm thats brewing ok? hugs your way
luvCuz
(1)

It was my 7:00 shower time, so I headed toward my mother's bathroom to do it. The smell stopped me in my tracks. OOooOOooweee. Think I'll take a sink bath tonight in my half bath. Something died in my mother's bathroom.
(2)

I've learned the beauty of separate bowls when it comes to popcorn. :)

With nuts I'm not so lucky. Mom will take a big can of mixed nuts and hunt down the good ones. She finds one and sticks it, along with her fingers, in her mouth. Often she licks her fingers. Then she goes back to digging through the nuts for the good ones. Needless to say, once she has had the can of nuts in her hands, they are officially all hers. She leaves me the almonds, which I nuke in the microwave before adding to my salads.
(1)

This reminds me of my grandkids who are not always the best at handwashing...one day I was sharing popcorn with a 4 yo and my daughter finally says "Uh, mom, you might want to reconsider sharing with "H". I asked why and she said "Bumfingers". I threw up a little, and then a lot. We have all learned not to share ANYTHING with the grands who simply refuse to wash their hands well. I guess you can apply that to oldsters, too. I can't bear to watch my mom eat anymore, as her chin is literally in the dish, or bowl and she shovels the food in. She can't help it, so of course, I'd never say anything, but I am careful to try not to visit during mealtimes.
(1)

hahaha, yuck!
but I know all the memories of gross we do vanish like a whisper after they are gone, as they did about all the things i did for my dad...
(although, they did end up breaking me being so strong)
(0)

I wonder how many tubes of Fixadent my Mother swallowed through the years....Her teeth just wouldn't stay in and put.It was so gross handling them and cleaning them for her but I was the only one that would help Mother and she counted on me and I know she had to handle some gross stuff of mine as a baby too.I always tried to pretend like it didn't bother me a bit and it was no big deal,but between us,it WAS gross.
(4)

Wow, that is seriously gross. Sorry!!!
(0)

awwwwwwwwwwwww lord!
(0)

Back to Grossed out.....
flossing mom's teeth and her offering me the (ugh) food asking if I wanted to eat it - BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----- runs away gagging-------------- eeeek!!!
(3)

Meanwhile2 - you're doing the right thing. If Mom won't do PT, all you can do is tackle her health from the other angle - food. I had to do that with Mom and succeeded in getting her cholesterol down 90 points in a year and she lost over 30 lbs in a year too, and was completely sedentary other than walking to the bathroom.
(3)

Pet sitting the neighbors fat cat. (he looks like he swallowed a bowling ball). Mom is gaining weight too. She goes from eating nothing, to cleaning out the refrigerator. She tried physical therapy for 2 weeks, then quit. Said it was too hard. I don't think the therapist realized she has no muscle left. Oh well, cooking her some vegetables and fish. Hope everyone is doing well.
(2)

Thanks Meanwhile and Cuz and everyone.
The storms certainly have us on edge, Julia popped up from disorganized to TS status in literally minutes and thankfully all of the boats are heavy tied but there was no time to storm tie them the way we would prepare for a TS or Cat 1 or larger.
We did ok even though it blew hard.

Cuz,, I hope Mike is doing better and how is your mom, my Aunt H?
How are you and Joyce doing?

The Boat Angel's stepdad is in the phase where he walks out of his room with a belt on. No pants… just the belt.
Thankfully he hasn't lost his sense of humor yet.

The mornings are starting to be a little cooler so more tolerable weather is on the way but we still will stress Hurricane Season through the beginning of November.

Hope everyone is doing as well as they can with what they are dealing with.

lovbob
(1)

Bobbi, so glad to hear you weathered the storm. Funny Cuz, Funny. Thanks for the laughs.
Mom's cat has finally forgiven me for taking him to the Vet. My sister took mom to the dentist last week, that was harder, for sure. She's a bigger baby than the cat. But, I dread her getting a tooth ache. That would be unbearable for everyone.
She has given up doing any housework, or cooking. And now she has decided she is allergic to meat. Oh, and she doesn't like frozen food from the grocery store. Nor will she swallow pills anymore. Trying my best to feed her a balanced vegetarian diet. She tells people, my sister and I just bring her our leftovers. I have to bite my tongue.
(1)

Ha ha. Thanks!
(0)

:))))))
(2)

Roaring with laughter. Wish we had some of those cute Facebook stickers on here.
(1)

My wife and I went to the Calgary Bull Sale & Agricultural Show and one of the first exhibits we stopped at was the breeding bulls. We went up to the first pen and there was a sign attached that said,

'THIS BULL MATED 50 TIMES LAST YEAR'

My wife playfully nudged me in the ribs ......smiled and said, 'He mated 50 times last year, that's almost once a week.'

We walked to the second pen which had a sign attached that said,
''THIS BULL MATED 150 TIMES LAST YEAR'

My wife gave me a healthy jab and said, 'WOW~~That's more than twice a week ! ...........You could learn a lot from him.'

We walked to the third pen and it had a sign attached that said, in capital letters,
'THIS BULL MATED 365 TIMES LAST YEAR

'My wife was so excited that her elbow nearly broke my ribs, and said,
'That's once a day ..You could REALLY learn something from this one.'

I looked at her and said,
'Go over and ask him if every time was with the same old cow.'

My condition has been upgraded from critical to stable and I should eventually make a full recovery.
(7)

bobbie I knew you would pull through. Update on Mike. Had him in the er last week for chest pains but all the tests came back good. They said his heart was as strong as it could be considering his weight and congestive heart failure. Him and his son went north fishing for the holiday weekend and he did alright. Aunt Hank is slowing down faster now. She has a hard time walking so we bought her a Cadillac walker with wheels and a seat and she uses it more than she does her cane but she still crochets and makes wash cloths with yarn. Keeps her busy.
The two of us are doing great. Love retirement BUT everyone knows I am retired so they ask me to fix everything they have that is broke. I need to get a check paying job just so I can relax ya know. Still enjoy fishin when I can get out. Been way to hot up here to do much though. Hugs to ya
lovCuz
(3)

Bobbie - on my! What an adventure. Glad u are ok!! And the cat too!

-SS
(1)

Hi there you guys,
Thanks for the kind thoughts.
Hermine tore through here and 3x that night I sat in a closet with the Cat and a soup pot on my head due to tornado warnings.
When they mention your neighborhood on the NOAA Weather Radio and say 'take cover now…' you just dive into the closet.
Lured the Cat in with treats because I didn't want to scare her by nabbing her and holding on.

After the 3rd tornado warning I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up the Cat was sitting in the closet on the cushion.

We were without power for 2 days but I had candles and a little butane burner and plenty of ice so we didn't lose any food. We grilled out and used up the weenies and turkey burgers.
Thankfully all of the boats and the marina made it through just fine. Yay.

Hope you all are doing as well as you can with what you all are dealing with.

lovbob
(4)

I have been wrestling my mothers 20 pound cat also . lol Poor Ozzie has diabetes and now has a UTI . At my wits end trying to clean cat urine over there . It's losing battle I think
(1)

They are showing pictures of Florida on the news. Hermine looks pretty rough. Hope your holding out there, Bobbie.
Had to wrestle my Mom's 20 pound cat into a carrier, for a trip to the vet. Just vaccinations, but I needed a couple of band-aids after. I was taking my dog, Sophie in too. She started limping, wouldn't put her front left foot down. Was afraid she had gotten stepped on by one of the horses. Very carefully picked Sophie up (all 65 pounds), to put her in the front seat of the truck. But when we got to the Vet's office, she jumps out, not limping at all anymore. My Vet calls it CBR (cured by ride). Peaceful Labor Day weekend everyone.
(1)

bobbie I hope you have tied down all the hatches and have backup pumps ready if you get all the rain that our forcasters up here say your going to get. Don't want you wandering aimlessly looking for an uninhabited island to land on. Hugs
luvCuz
(0)

Thanks everyone for the sweet, kind words. I grieve and share all the care giving with you.
(2)

Pargirl, so sorry to hear of your loss.
it's rough I know.

Meanwhile, I still get a flash where something will happen and I want to call my mom and it's been 6 years.

Jen!
Cuz! Great jokes and so necessary for us all. Thank you as always.

Thanks everyone for being here even if, like me these days, it's only once in awhile.

lovbob
(1)

Hugs, Pargirl, Lost my sweet stepfather in May, and I still half expect him to come wandering in for a cup of coffee (he just lived up the road).
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter