Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I'm so mad I missed all this while you were writing it. It's my hubbie's birthday today so I got out for a bit to get cake, balloons, and dinner. Sounds like you all had a great time. I sure enjoyed reading it. We have two cats. They are brother and sister. I hope they can come too. I can't imagine being without them. Also, will there be a smoking section???? Please????

I have a gross story for yall. My mom had wicked diarrhea yesterday. I was cleaning her up and a bit of it flicked up on my face!!
(1)

Rephill do we need to bring Kleenex for the cat too? tee hee
(0)

Pass the cat.
(0)

Kelley-Oooooh, good. Can't imagine my life without cats :)
(0)

We can bring my 2 cats along then.. one is just a lazy lump of extra warmth on a cold night and the other loves the outdoors..

All this talk makes me want to beg my brother for a vacation.. if he gets to fly off and see his gf every few weeks, then i think i deserve to fly off and get lost for a week lol
(0)

bobbie - I would quit after this one, except my Dad is her primary caregiver, and if I bailed he would have to take care of her by himself. And she is a handful, but put it lightly. As for my baby, he is a scaredy cat. No boat cat here. We'll just have to get a new one. Never been to Aruba.....sounds lovely.....
(0)

the USS This Side Up
(0)

Bobbie.. you could be 'Woof Bob Trawler'....

Whats the name of this dream boat were all sailing away on?
(0)

hey 195Austin! glad to see you. decide which boat you like the best and which room you want!!! We're doing this! Might take a minute, but hey....
I really want the 61' Davis.
sorry about your husband and I know that I'm glad you're relieved and everybody else totally gets it and if they don't they will eventually. Sorry about your nightmares. What are you having nightmares about?
no way you're mean, don't even go there.
Welcome to the Boat Trip. So far I think we all like the Tropics/Greece/warm beach situation and the rest we're making up as we go along.

lovbob
(0)

Austin you get ready too, we're comin for you and we'll have 3 glasses of wine for ya, we know that one just ain't enough so get ready !!!
(1)

Yes, Kelley... pick your name!

I write this as mom is on the pot....and yes I washed my hands... Kelley, here is an opportunity to reinvent yourself! You can call yourself whatever you like.

*wait a minute...mom is still on the pot only now she has a big puss on BRB*

yes, i washed my hands.

Kelley: what are you thinking of for a name?
As for me, I'm going to be Trawler Bob.
Tugboat Annie was taken and I don't want to be Steamboat Grannie.
Nik, husband, is going with theoniko, so he thinks cause that's too many syllables for me. If it comes down to theoniko and yo, yo is going to win everytime. That settles it. We'll call him Yo.
Throw down the names, ladies

Rephill you know you got to quit after this one is squared away. Bless you and I know you know. Besides it's going to be hard to do when you're off the coast of Aruba. Think that cat could be a boat cat? or would it stay under the aft head the whole time... that or scream around with a big fat tail. Man I love a cat with a fattie.

Aruba makes me remember a sailing memoir I read... a couple was planning a circumnavigation, very big deal, and her father was in a home. they could be gone for a long time and their philosophy was that they told their family and friends, the people they loved, they TOLD them all the time and they would always be in their hearts and that they loved them very very much. ... Some people handled it and some didn't just like life as usual, but this couple circumnavigated the globe in their sailboat. They were able to dock the boat and fly home now and again, but they went ahead and did it.

it's been a lot of fun hanging out with you guys today.

lovbob
(0)

Austin-we would NEVER ask that. I hope that all of us can find one little moment each day that we treasure, just like you did. And the alcohol ain't a bad idea either.
(0)

You guys have me in stiches where were you all last year when I was caring for the husband I am laughing so hard that I am crying. The only thing that got me through the day was my glass of wine when HE finally went to bed. He died last June and I still have nightmares everyone thinks I am strong no just relieved I know that sounds mean he is just lucky I stood by and gave him great care and hope no one else on this site asks if the 195 is my age.
(3)

Pamela-you're gross-hehehehe-too funny! Can I at least have clean ones?

Kelley-I think once we all get together, we can pick out our new nicknames for each other, 'cause I need a new one too
(0)

Can we change our identities on this trip? I really dont like being "kelley, i need some help" anymore......
(0)

rephill27 we're not leaving you out for the Boat trip, we'll stop by to pick you up too, we'll make sure to fill your room with kleenex to make you feel p-l-e-n-t-y comfy.
(0)

I actually had a cat, but I had to give him to my parents when I moved in with gma. You cracked me up when you said that tho! And I would LOVE to go with you guys, except after I finish with gma my mother is waiting in the wings....aw, so what?!? Just tell me when and where and I'll be there!
(1)

I had a dog once that would fart and then growl at his butt.

'hey Bob, what's yer dog growlin at?'
(6)

C'mon rephill, you gotta come with us!

The thunder story is the best I've heard! Did it knock the cat off the back of the couch?

lovbob
(2)

"was that thunder?" omg hahahahahahahahaha!!!
(2)

Then there's my favorite "cute" gross out-as she was walking from the bathroom back to her chair she passed gas, and then she asked me "was that thunder just now?"

the fun times of being a caregiver.....

ya'll have fun on your boat :) Send me a postcard!
(2)

I am soooo glad I'm not the only one totally grossed out! I can't even eat dinner with gma anymore-she makes the most wonderful "gurgling" noise every ten seconds, then talks with her mouth full. My favorite gross-out story on her, is she always keeps kleenex everywhere, and they have all been used at least one then "saved for later." We had just finished eating so I brought her an m&m for dessert, and she pulled out one of her snotty kleenex and wiped it off! I asked her what she was doing and she said "getting the dust off." then she ate her dust-free, snot covered m&m. Gotta love it.
(5)

you guys are a scream. We ARE going to figure something out........ and have a party.

KelleyBean you got it!

pamela, we can wear what we want. I'll probably opt for a muumuu... in my case: moomoo.

lovbob
(0)

LOL pamela!!
(0)

If you get that one, Bobbie.. we'd have more money for Jim and Jack!

If you look near the bottom.. the crew aft berth.. i call dibs!!
(0)

I'll wear the little outfit, if I can sew about 15 of them together!
(2)

now here's one that is an ocean going sailboat. In my fantasy world, I drive a Trawler (twin diesels) because I don't want to kill myself hauling sheets. Of course in my fantasy world I have enough $ for fuel. ha ha

lovbob
(0)

KelleyBean, we will cruise and maybe you'll find a love! And we'll get them to wear the little outfit.

I ain't wearing no little outfit... stretch that black out to gray.....
I'll just drive the boat!
lovbob
(0)

I'm single, lol so it's not me, bobbie lol
(0)

Whose husband wants to wear the little outfit?
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter