Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Bobbie,

Think if it like this.. she KNOWS that it's for the best right now. She's willing and maybe she will have pleasant time with all the activities while you're gone. I mean... this is short term isnt it?? She will be safe and cared for and you can take a breather with the business..

Back east eh? Where abouts? I could get my car poo loaded again and welcome you here with a shower of... love lol
(0)

bobbie, I know it's hard but it has to be done. Remember that we all are thinking of you and are with you. Your mom will be fine. Please don't make yourself sick over it. You're so very brave!!
(0)

Is she going to stay or just while you're gone. I know some facilities have short term care.
(0)

think of the boat think of the boat think of the boat
(1)

I'll tell you this, right now I am making the arrangements to place my mom and it's killing me.

I just got her a few outfits with all elastic waistband pants and machine wash and wear and you get it.

I'll have to get a laundry pen to mark it all just like I was sending her to camp.

Mom is fully cognitive of the situation and knows i have to go back east to do business for both of us and she is willing to go with grace and dignity. *crying*

This is going to be the single hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

It has to be done. I can't cave. omg.

lovbob
(1)

Maxine I'm so glad you're coming along!
(0)

bob you crazy gurl!!!! I'll take mine in anything!
(0)

Hi ladies,

smoking section in the COCKpit. That's the 'back porch' of the boat. Comfy, lounge chairs and cocktail service!

KelleyBean, flicking bird poo on other cars! Outstanding!

Yo Maxine! You like your wine in a bottle or box? box doesn't roll around so much........

lovbob
(1)

I am in I will bring the wine I will be the old lady of the group call me Maxine.
(0)

Wait for me Kellybean, I'll join you.
(0)

Morning everyone.. or afternoon that is.. i spent the morning doing some errands now that my car is unburied from 3 feet of snow.. there was so much bird poo on my car that i HAD to get it washed.. it was flicking off in the wind and hitting peoples cars.. and the people..funny but embarrassing!! Had to get everything done today because mom is having out patient surgery tomorrow..

if you need me ill be.. where was it again? aft something... grrr ill be in the smoking section! lol
(0)

LOL bobbie. That's too funny!! Thanks for the compliment too. I tried to post a pic of my two kitty cats but I had trouble. I'll try again later.
(0)

Hilarious for two reasons:
1. Fun
2. scares the s*** out of the pooper so that you get 3 bathroom visits in one.

So the conclusion could be: wear Scream mask, take nap.

BTW, that's a cute pic, Demi!

lovbob
(0)

My husband has one of those "Scream" masks. Maybe I should wear that. ;)
(0)

Haz Mat suit complete with mask... or in this instance all you needed was the mask!

Good Morning Sailors!

lovbob
(0)

Naheaton, you needed one of those anti-toxic suits for that diarrhea episode.
(0)

You all crack me up!! I agree...laughter is a great stress reliever. I think I might try meditating and imagining us on that yacht. Thank you all for being here. You're a true blessing.

Demi (don't I wish!)
(0)

good to see you Miz. I mean Demi, tell your husband HB! Glad you're coming! Did anybody see the cat swimming video?

Kelley I know what you mean and it was fun for me too. We all need this. Laughter is the single most powerful tool to fight stress. Besides margueritas and getting l***.

all you heathens smoke? No problem. Smokers aft in the cockpit. Poopers on the poop deck. Yakkers on the rail.

Naheaton....you in? this is really going to be fun.
lovbob
(1)

My mother-in-law, while she was still living alone, had a major 'blow out' with the diarrhea. Of course I had to be there (gag) and she starts yelling for me to help her. I DO NOT do well with either barf, or poop, but I tried to help her. Try, being the operative word. After I started gagging, and figured I'd have to clean up my own barf, I closed the bathroom door and left her. I did however pass her wet towels thru a crack in the bathroom door, and I was able to throw her clothes in the washer. It was awful... she laughed at how I was gagging (not funny) but ever since she moved into her asst. living place, no more blow outs. (thank you Lord). I think I threw up in my mouth a little just now thinking about it. :)
(2)

Miz you say 40, girl I'm naming you Demi for the boat trip!!!!!!! hahahaha
(0)

I really hope Bobbie knows theres alot more to this trip than first planned hahahaha...

but in all honesty.. everyone says to have respite completely AWAY from anything to do with our caregiving.. yes it would be nice to have dinner out with friends (if i had any) to forget for the night. But to me, a vacation with people who knew EXACTLY what i was going through.. i mean even today just joking around with everyone.. it was quite heavenly!
(0)

Kelley, I can TOTALLY relate. I quit on Welbutrin too but it made me feel awful. I started up again about 3 and 1/2 years ago. I don't think I could quit in this situation either. And darn it, it makes me feel better. I reckon I'm addicted too.
(1)

I CAN'T quit.. i have tried so many different ways.. one doctor put me on welbutrin once for it and it worked kind of.. till the paranoid dillusions set in.. i told my brother that i smoke.. im addicted and if i tried quitting in the situation im in.. well, it wouldnt be pretty..
(1)

pamela, I'm workin' on it. ;) I'll bring the birthday stuff too. My hubby turned 40 today. I remember 40. LOL.
(0)

Kelley, yes, down wind would be best. I'm afraid my husband would not come along if he couldn't smoke somewhere. And, I'm not ready to quit either.
(1)

miz you can bring all that birthday stuff on the boat too, plz. and God yes there has to be a smoking section. How else could we get through those days, and they make my Johnny Red taste a lot better.

Miz have you got your stuff ready?
(0)

That's okay, Kelley. I know you didn't mean it like that and It IS kinda funny. Hey!! I have a new name. Poo Face!! LOL not!!!!
(0)

no no no!!! i didnt mean it that way lol im sorry to make you think that!!

its just that my really gross moments are.. really gross..

but i do have to admit.. and im ashamed.. but i giggled at you miz.. im sorry.. i giggled at the poo face
(1)

Kelley, you're right. I should have kept that one to myself. It's just so refreshing to have people to talk to. :)
(2)

im with you miz about the smoking section.. i guess. downwind? lol

I really dont want to repeat the really gross stuff my mom has done.. its actually kind of traumatic..
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter