Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
2 3 4 5 6
bob you crazy gurl!!!! I'll take mine in anything!
(0)

Maxine I'm so glad you're coming along!
(0)

I'll tell you this, right now I am making the arrangements to place my mom and it's killing me.

I just got her a few outfits with all elastic waistband pants and machine wash and wear and you get it.

I'll have to get a laundry pen to mark it all just like I was sending her to camp.

Mom is fully cognitive of the situation and knows i have to go back east to do business for both of us and she is willing to go with grace and dignity. *crying*

This is going to be the single hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

It has to be done. I can't cave. omg.

lovbob
(1)

think of the boat think of the boat think of the boat
(1)

Is she going to stay or just while you're gone. I know some facilities have short term care.
(0)

bobbie, I know it's hard but it has to be done. Remember that we all are thinking of you and are with you. Your mom will be fine. Please don't make yourself sick over it. You're so very brave!!
(0)

Bobbie,

Think if it like this.. she KNOWS that it's for the best right now. She's willing and maybe she will have pleasant time with all the activities while you're gone. I mean... this is short term isnt it?? She will be safe and cared for and you can take a breather with the business..

Back east eh? Where abouts? I could get my car poo loaded again and welcome you here with a shower of... love lol
(0)

bobbie, I love our smoking section!! I just may have to start sipping a little wine on that 'back porch'!! :) White wine in a box works for me.
(0)

Bobbie this is what will happen.

You mom will go to the facility. She will be so pampered and involved in activities that she won't even think about you. She'll meet new friends, and maybe even a special man. She will be the bell of the ball, new people always are and if you are her daughter, I know she's special like that.

Upon your return you'll go to see her and you'll find her hanging from the chandaleer, shouting whewwwwwww yahhhhhhhhhh. Then when she sees you she'll say: "you back so soon, I was just getting started"!

And that's the name of that tune.

Miz wine in a box it is, kellybean I'm headed to costco to get plenty of clean kleenex.

As for me, I'm getting together all my albums, yes I said albums so that the music will be endless on the boat.

I'm so glad I have received so much support from you guys, and I hope I've been able to shed a little cheer in your lives as well.

luv all of you and I really do hope that we all meet one day.

Now that is my dream.
(0)

thanks guys. I'm still weepy but that is to be expected and I will work through it.

the shortest for this place would be 2 months. We can bail her out any time we please, but it's a 2 month committment $.
After visiting a few places I liked this one because of the vibe, straight up. Man, am I from California or what
Mom is getting more and more disoriented and harder to care for. She needs pros at this point which is also why I felt more comfortable in going with a 2 month committment as opposed to a 2 week. I was afraid that I would not get my business finished in time, etc etc and she would be yanked around. This way she knows she can settle in to the Resort ;) and have a good time. We are both under the impression that we have a choice and mom can choose to come out and move back in but I think that we both really know that this may be it.

I'm afraid that she'll give up before I get back. Breaks my heart. i have to go and handle this stuff. Can't put it off any longer.

OK. that's that.

Now, KellyBean where are you? I have to fly into Philly to get to South Jersey (exit 4)

don't worry about the bird poo. I know a guy who owns a carwash and we'll get a discount.

hey Demi... glad you like the smoking section.

thanks you guys,

lovbob
(0)

bobbie, will you be able to get on here and let us know how things are going???
(0)

Im about a mile outside DC, Bobbie..

Where is everyone else from? (Must think of the closest ports to pick everyone up lol)
(0)

Yes'm i have the on the go wireless laptop/solitaire machine.

It may actually be an interesting process if I can keep my emotions out of it. Fat chance on that one.

I want to auction everything and move on. EVERYTHING. All of these THINGS are killing me too.

One of the reasons I really like boats. You can only get so much crap on a boat and then you have to make some decisions sooner rather than later.

My apt here is a nice size, but I can't live in a big house like the one I grew up in. It's beautiful but what a job! The second summer I was there, after repairing the inside, I worked on the landscaping, planted a beautiful willow tree, etc etc and kept the lawn mowed and the edging done. The plants already there are beautiful, mom has a wonderful garden and i continued on with it.

One of the things I noticed is that when you cut the grass, about a week later it wants you to cut it again.

Pretty soon you're shoving this loud thing along and wondering why you're not on a BOAT!

Pam, I love your scenerio, love it thanks.

lovbob
(0)

bobbie, you oughta be a boat sales person!! That is if you can do it from a boat!! ;)
(0)

Kelley, I'm in Central Illinois. I'm gonna have to travel to a port somewhere. But I'll walk to it if I have to!!
(0)

I'm not far from Bobbie, I'm in Cali Kellybean.
(0)

My mom just sailed through here telling me she was going to wash the dishes and make hot chocolate... the results will be....

#1 washing the walls from splashed hot chocolate, the floor.. her clothes..

#2 a pro.. the dishes will be pre-rinsed for when i rewash them haha

Miz, there are docks right here in alexandria! we'll wait together for them lol
(1)

i was actually offered a job selling yachts in newport, CA. I looked around and there were other yacht salespeople standing around. they were all real skinny and one of them was crying.

Actually, I would do it if I thought I could. A lot of very experienced brokers out there with all the tricks up their sleeves and they can't move boats.

I'm looking forward to going to seamanship school!! har har.
I have to know the actual name of the pointy end.

lovbob
(0)

I told my mother-in-law that the next time she goes to see her #1 son, I'm gonna nail all her furniture to her ceiling and really mess with her mind. Forget it, her mind is barely hanging on as it is, I don't want to push it over the edge. Scratch that...(probably). :)
(1)

omg, I just got off the phone with the place and Mom will be in this weekend! I cried again and the lady totally gets it and wah wah.
Nik will be going to dinner (3 bucks) and lunch (3 bucks) when he can so mom knows that she's not abandoned.
Once they see what Nik can put away they are going to charge 4 bucks.

The faster I get this done and get back here the faster I can go have dinner with mom.

It's nice place run by Jewish people so I'll be able to take mom out to eat for her favorites: a BLT. shrimp too!

i think that she's really going to like it because here she has to wait for Nik or me to cook, even though she always has enough food, she forgets she eats... you know how that goes... and at the place they'll have food available all the time. Mom won't pork out like I would....

you guys are totally getting through this very very tough day. the whole week is going to be a bear. Ok the whole freakin month is ....

lovbob Salty ol' Trawler Woof Woof Bob ya right.
(0)

naheaton you are crazy funny.

KelleyBean, nothing like chocolate dripping down your walls. At least you'll have 2 rooms that match.....!

my index finger hurts from the spray bottle....

lovbob
(0)

Ok guys I gotta get in on this one...Greece OH YES.
Can I bring my darlin; Golden "Goober"? Scuttling off to the smoking section.....
Furthermore I'm wondering whether you guys don't know something I don't-ie that hard liqour works better than wine for the gross outs?
(1)

Nins where were you when we were taking about Johnny Walker Red girl???????????
(0)

LOL everyone here seems to drink the hard stuff-you must be onto something.
Ain't it 5:oo somewhere yet?
(0)

yup.. im a crown royal, jack lady..my theory is.. why waste time on beer or the week stuff.. drink it like ya mean it hahaha
(0)

and drink till it's gone.........hahahaha
(1)

you guys are animals. I can't wait.
(0)

bobbie-I don't smoke either. You were talking about selling the things to get rid of them-I have a list in my head of things that are going to be TRASH once gma is gone! They must and shall leave the building....maybe I'll have a bonfire and make smores :)

As far as placing your mother, it actually shows how much you do love her that you're putting her in a place with professionals that can take wonderful care of her. And I think Pamela is right-she'll be swingin' from the rafters and you'll be able to see her tighty-whities! You're doing a great thing, dear, just hang in there :)
(1)

Thank you for the profile/pic advice.
And until we take that cruise-how bout this afternoon the whole lot of us (along with drinky-poo's) take a stroll on the beach here? Its about 75 degress and sunny.
I'm having fun imagining this. :)))
(1)

Ok....I caught my dear mother attempting to put neosporan on her toothbrush...my fault for leaving it anywhere in sight...
(2)

2 3 4 5 6
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter