Follow

Well, upon my phone conversation with the elder care lawyer today he sent me by email the evaluations by both doctors for the guardianship on her condition. One wrote that she had dementia and another said she has vascular dementia. The one doctor may think she had a stroke but are not sure till more test are run but both are on the same page that she is incapable of making decisions because of her status. I could see the symptoms being there from my visits to the skilled nursing facility. Both recorded that she was pleasant but after awhile she became agitated and non cooperative. This is tough being her sisters both passed on from it and some uncles too. It runs in the family thats scary and a horrible disease to get. It's going to be a tough road ahead for me and her status too.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Ill be signing the paperwork to be presented to the court and carry on from there
(0)

It's good that she at least has a diagnosis. My LO has Vascular dementia too. Maybe, you can get things sorted out pretty soon on the legal end. I know you've been in court waiting for results.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter