Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Gershun,
Yes, I am mostly kidding too. Now that I have my boundaries book, even helping a friend from a long distance will be a questionable activity. I used to enjoy making impossible things happen, such as healing soup delivery for my sister when she was sick with a flu (long time ago), before co-dependents anonymous. Lol.

MsMadge,
Sprouts also has wonderful soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies, and I buy those now instead of my favorite, chocolate chip cookies. Was right next door, on my way to Sprouts Saturday, when all if a sudden, strange as it always is, out of t h e blue, abruptly had to go home, taking hubs with me.

CWillie,
Still worried here about my taxes. With Social Security and hubs part-time employment, the forms were changed (1040A) taking away the separate calculations for SS. If we owe, we cannot file an extension without paying.
I think the days where we could just mail it in and have the IRS complete the calculation has passed. Good for you, do you do taxes online or mail it snail mail?
(2)

I just breezed through my taxes as well as those for a couple of relatives, now all I need to do is review and file. I'm not certain about some of the info given to me by one nephew, but I can only work with what I'm told, right😰?
(3)

Sprouts also has good chocolate chip cookies- soft and yummy 🍪
(3)

Yeah, we do Send but I was mostly kidding. I hope I'm not that far gone yet. lol Our grocery store is right across the way from us too so if I can't get my lazy a** over there now then I really am in a bad way. But as for baking a cake, don't feel that ambitious yet.

But there is that service here.
(2)

Cancel the raspberry pie, that much Vitamin K could lower your B/P.

Mousse anyone?

Maybe we could mail the things you need, or have Grubhub deliver?
Do you have online grocery delivery in your area Gershun?
(2)

Could one of you just bake me a raspberry pie and chocolate mousse cake. I'm just too tired to do it. :P

I'll be eternally grateful and when I get my energy back I'll return the favor tenfold.

Honest...

;)
(3)

Smeshque,
Will you be baking your Raspberry pie?
(2)

There is an app for that!
I can scan the raspberry pie for calories, and eat some, but hubs will get most of it.
Thanks for that suggestion, he will feel special, and can eat anything and not gain weight.

Gershun,
I thought I was your personal assistant, unpaid of course! Lol.
MsMadge always gives good advice....And there is iron in raspberries!
 Eating one cup of raw raspberries will provide 54 percent of your vitamin C needs, 12 percent of vitamin K, 6 percent of folate, 5 percent of vitamin E, iron, and potassium, and 41 percent of manganese needs for the day as well as lesser amounts of thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, calcium, ...
Ha ha ha.
I really do believe food heals!
(2)

I recommend sprout's raspberry pie
(1)

Erectile dysfunction...... Yes, that must be the one........lol.

Sorry, not meaning to make light of a serious problem. But I've found saying "no dear, not tonight" works wonders for that. lol

Send, can I just make you my personal assistant and be done with it. :)
(2)

Unbelievable, the auto correct dysfunction!
I wrote orthostatic hypotension, not orthodontic hypotension.
C r a z y. If there was really such a thing, huh?
(1)

Gershun,
Sounds like orthodontic hypotension, also known as postural hypotension.
When standing from a sitting position, the B/P drops.
Considering that the average normal B/P reading is 120/80, a diastolic reading of 84 is not low. However, one needs to he careful about the symptoms of dizziness and weakness. Get up slowly. We often forget the basics when it comes to ourselves.

Medications can cause this. If your doctor says you are fine, he may mean that medications he has prescribed may have these side effects, but doc has determined the side effects do not outweigh the needs for the medication.

Drugs that have hypotension as a side effect, including nitrates, erectile dysfunction medications, drugs for Parkinson's disease, antipsychotics, neuroleptics, anti-anxiety agents, sedative-hypnotics, and tricyclic antidepressants, as well as others not mentioned.

Maybe a medication review (if even with your pharmacist) is in order, with special emphasis on the most recent medication added as suspect. If mixed with anti-anxiety meds, the side effects will be more, and concerning.

Trust that you will take care of these issues, as you know yourself best, better than the doctors. I do not recommend self-treating, but yes, get a doctor on board who understands the whole person.

Not advising this to you, but if it were me, I would report to M.D., and also decrease the doses of any meds taken p r.n. (whenever necessary). Because it is a medication that the patient chooses how often to take it.

Of course, eating a proper diet can heal, imo.

Do treat the anemia, imo.

And may you be so blessed, fully recovered in just no time!
(2)

Thx Willie and CM. Yeah, chocolate mousse. Sounds good.

I haven't changed anything in my diet or lifestyle recently so that is why I have been a little baffled by this drop in my BP. Mind you, it has always been on the lower spectrum it's just that now I have been feeling really tired and dizzy as well so that is a bit concerning to me. My mom had really low blood pressure all her life and had a history of syncope so I may have just inherited this wonderful experience.
(2)

I did a lot of research on BP because of mom's low numbers - low BP is usually seen as a good thing, it is only too low when you get negative symptoms. Are you keeping well hydrated? Are you sure some of your medications don't lower BP as a side effect?
As for anemia, there are different fixes for different types - make sure you are pairing iron rich foods with an acid for best absorption, maybe try sublingual B12, or ask your doctor about iron supplements.
(2)

Eggs and dark chocolate are good sources of iron. I've got a good, easy chocolate mousse recipe if you're interested..?
(2)

I'm not a meat eater so I probably forget to get my iron from other sources. I do eat raisins almost everyday and eat a lot of yogurt, cottage cheese etc. I'll work on it.
(1)

I do not recall feeling faint.
But, I have moments of feeling weak. I too am anemic. Since I was a child.
Everyday I really try and eat beans, spinach and broccoli and raisins. There are also some cereals I eat that are iron rich.
Are you getting enough iron?
(1)

Thank-you Smeshque. I think I knew that. I'm also anemic so the combo isn't a good one.

Do you feel faint ever?
(1)

Gersun my BP has always ran low, it runs in the 90s/60's
And I believe that if systolic gets below 90 and diastolic gets below 60 then it is too low.
(2)

Send, I always think of you and your struggles whenever autism is mentioned. I know your plate is full with your DH. Your paper plate? :P Hugs always to you.

My problem today is my blood pressure. It's getting too low I think. It was 94 over 84 yesterday. Every time I get up from a sitting position or even just lean over I feel like I'm going to faint. The doctor thinks I'm fine but when does low become too low? Does anyone know?
(2)

Spring Cleaning results:

Someone left the ceiling fan blades out in the rain.

Not showering after weed pulling resulted in allergic response at midnight,
requiring change of sheets and showering.

No longer buying paper plates at all.

Expensive Uber rides.

Just another day in the life....

And what good did the blue lights on the buildings do? Autism Awareness Day is over.
(5)

I overheard a discussion in store about when is winter over? One man said he will not put his snowblower away until he pulls out his lawn mower.  Fair exchange.
(1)

So, maybe no chains are required to cross the grapevine (elevation 4200 ft.) If one has "snow tires?" Just a fool about snow, I will likely never drive in the snow.

Cwillie,
How are things with Nephew, moving, settling in, the police academy?
Mother's hearts need to know.
(2)

We had snow overnight, the ground is white. That's okay cause I'm no fool, I haven't taken my snow tires off yet.
(4)

Tomorrow is April Fools Day, the wildflowers are blooming everywhere in SoCal, and Easter is on it's way. My hubs calls Easter "Resurrection Sunday".
He also calls April Fools Day: "National Atheists Day".
(3)

It gets to me too cwillie....Seeing her name mostly and just receiving it out of the blue,it knocks the wind out of me~
(5)

So sorry CWillie.
Unexpected, yes. But not so weird, as your life goes on, and her memory stays with you.
Tears to follow....
(4)

I just got an email that mom's taxes are ready - huh, that's a weirdly unexpected thing to feel emotional about.
(6)

When Tweety was lost this afternoon, I did look for his tail.
Found it sticking out from an outlet .....he was standing on the electrical cord behind the headboard.
His chirp was so tiny and quiet, wondering if he knew he was lost?

Only turned my attention away for a moment to do paperwork.
(2)

A bird never flies so far that his tail doesn't follow~
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter