Follow
Read More
Veronica, one of the vertebra in my Mom's back just broke suddenly one day when we were walking through the mall. She had really brittle bones due to osteoporosis. So these things can happen like that. When she was in her sixties her brother hugged her and broke one of her ribs.

You are such a marvel though Veronica.......so positive and brave. Good on ya Girl! :)
(5)

Mom has put on so much weight since she's parked herself in a wheelchair after her last fall that I've had to buy her new pants

Found some Alfred Dunner on eBay that still had the tags on for about $10 - yippee
Took them to the dry cleaners to be hemmed for about $18 - what's wrong with this picture ?
(7)

Veronica,
You are amazing - broke your hip and drove yourself to the ER - I hope you find a lovely caregiver to help you and hubs

Welcome back
(2)

Oh Veronica, how Terrible! So sorry to hear about your hip, and now another Surgery! I hope and pray that you heal swiftly after the initial setbacks, and that your poor hubby gets some much needed help from the hired caregivers! You take care Love, and I'm so glad to hear the humor in your unfortunate situation, but that you are hopefully on the road to recovery! Love, Stacey
(3)

Veronica -so glad to see you back and "chipper". May you heal quickly, and hubs too from all the confusion, and stress.
(6)

Welcome back, dear Veronica!
(4)

I bet that scared you to death Veronica when your hips just broke,giving out suddenly with no warning and I bet the pain was horrific.I'm so glad someone stopped to help you but I can't believe you HAD TO drive,You poor dear.I'm so sorry this happened to you and I sure hope you heal quickly.Take Care!
(5)

The fact that you made it thru as I expected you to do is encouraging!

What you describe about the place I have seen with my own eyes as a visitor. Do they do that so the well patients will get up and go?
That solidifies why the goal of living out our lives at home seems best for so many. Once again, Veronica, you are an overcomer!
Your husband will be encouraged too by your progess, and in a little while from now, he will feel better. Hoping this was just temporary for you both.

Keep up the good fight! Wishing all things good to come to you.
(5)

((Hugs)) Veronica, I'm glad to see you are doing so well and are able to post!
(4)

Yes hips really do break on their own! Mine did while standing by my car on a country road. Someone stopped and helped me up and I managed to take a few few steps to the drivers side and drove home. Off to the ER ( I am thinking of buying a season ticket) Transferred to another hosp and waited three days for the anti coagulants to wear off. Elected for a total replacement rather than pin and plate and probably need the whole thing later.
Sent to a NH for rehab. It had an excellent reputation but was i wrong. Rehab consisted of being in the general population and not to put it unkindly the walking dead. it had lovely gardens and two dogs and three cats wandering freely. The therapists were actually good but the only equipment was a set of parallel bars. OT was a joke. I was given a small cup of glass beads and a larger bowl with a hole in the lid. I will let you guess what I was told to do with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some of the aides were wonderful and had been enjoying this work for many years. Most of the RNs were new graduates and although enthusiastic inexperienced. One old time RN I called the "pill nazi'
I picked up an infection in a few days in my wound and hubby took me back to the ER and they had to open everything up again and clean it out.
They were going to wash it out again today but instead put a vacuum pump on which I will probably go home with. I also have a IV line in for daily antibiotics, again for several weeks.
Hubby is not coping well this time. he is totally overwhelmed and exhausted. We are going to have to hire people to help because I am not going back to rehab. Even Hubby was appalled when he saw the other residents. Not that I am criticizing them they can't help it but if you stayed there very long you could quickly sink to the same level. it is just so sad. Made me do a lot of thinking about keeping people alive beyond their"sell by date"
Anyway I am glad to be back with you guys and see i have a lot of catching up to do. Love you all.
(11)

Ali, don't you just love the threads where it is okay to say anything at all, or one is just as likely to say nothing at all.
You had a new kind of day?
(4)

(1)

MsMadge,
She told me you already had the whiskers, reminding her of her cute kitties.
So she just colored them.
(2)

I couldn't go to work today,
Lu drew kitty whiskers on my face last night with indelible ink
(3)

Gershun, It was a supervised slumber party, after all. Has anyone seen MsMadge?

Luckylu, It was Cwillie's nephew who spilled the blueberries on his carpet.
Are you glad to be tucking your kitties into bed?

The desk was put back.  It is actually dangerous sometimes living with person's with asperger's because one never knows what they are going to do next.  Sometimes it is tolerable because of love.

Goodnight everyone!
(2)

Send, Caregiver's Cyber Adult Slumber Party sounds almost X-rated. LOL
(1)

Send,I really had a good time and I know nothing about the blueberries on your carpet,but were you able to get that stain out?And did you get your desk back inside?
(1)

Luckylu, Thanks for participating in the first annual Caregiver's Adult Cyber Slumber Party. You have been a welcome guest.
Just now going to make a similar 'breakfast' for dinner, and add Bone Broth Powder to it. Yum!

Uh oh, gotta run.  Hubs has put my desk outside.  Meh.
(2)

Golden, I was eating pineapple, until the gerd got worse with stress, made me start to regurgitate up the esophagus small amounts this past month, (only 3 times). Eeewww. Sorry. It also has come roiling up in the middle of the night so I have to sit up abruptly.  PCP  Rx'd Carafate-a medicine like chalk, that surrounds the meds and supplements making them unavailable for absorption.  None of this is working for me.

Then I read dr. axe who wrote one cannot get enough Bromelain from eating pineapple, need 45-135 mg., or much more for therapeutic dose. However, his doses vary from his website, his book, and the supplements he recommends--most likely has a financial interest in. I am being careful.
So, this is becoming too personal for me on a public forum. I will ask my doctor, the physiatrist, who specializes also in food therapy.
However, I sincerely thank you Golden, and everyone who contributed to my health plan. And Gershun, the curcumin has helped, as I explained before.
The magnesium and Vit. D helps tremendously-without which I am jumping out of bed at night with muscle cramps, that is different than the sciatica.
The physiatrist also treats pain, fibromyalgia and will do PT, physical therapy to return to normal exercising. Still waiting for the return call today.
I am encouraged to have found an excellent doctor, top in her field, highly recommended. She can fix me up without surgeries, and no more Rx pain meds.
(4)

Bone broth is great for you. I use left over BBQ chicken bones. You can use it any way you like. Send, just eat some pineapple, don't worry about dose. Remember this is not "diet" as in something you try to lose weight or whatever, and then discard, this is the way you want to eat for the rest of your life, because it is good for you and makes you feel better. I bet you get rid of GERD - not just by bone broth, but by not eating the things that cause it and eating things that are good for you. I have had it, but don't now, as I cut out the foods that cause it - generally the processed fat n sugar stuff. You can watch for yourself what foods cause it for you and eliminate them and see if it works. You are your own experiment!!! ☺
(2)

The bone broth has value in cooking things like soup, sauces, gravy, OR Not?
Could have bought a chicken on sale , or seven chickens-boiled it down to the bones to make broth.

In search of proper Bromelain dosage is not possible. The milligrams cannot be guaranteed, so a separate language is created to confuse us.
Mg. = milligram
GDU = Gelatin Digesting Unit
FIP = Measurement of enzyme activity by the IPF
(0)

Thank you for the yummy breakfast and having me over but I sure don't feel very rested.MsMadge never stopped moving all night and the others yacked their heads off.
(2)

He needs saving! Maybe the shopping will need to be for carpet, unless you have a miracle tip for all of us.
(0)

Just a big, clumsy man LOL
(2)

Have a good day! Neices and nephews can be a fun relationship.
Is there a story there-how did the bluberries get on the carpet?  Dog, baby, cat?
(0)

Breakfast was a healthy bowl of hot 7 grain cereal sprinkled with walnuts (and brown sugar of course). Only 1 cup of coffee allowed. No bone broth for me, or any other health fad (snort). I can't stand those fake doctors, or even worse the real ones who spout trendy nonsense!

The sun is shining but there is frost on the roof tops (brrrr). Today I will travel to the city to take Nephew shopping and offer assistance cleaning blueberries off his carpet.
(1)

Where are your skis Katie? Can I borrow them to go cross country, cyberwise, I mean.

Wait until Christmas into New Years Katie....to see The Holiday movie because the holiday is Christmas-months away.  OR, see it anytime.
(0)

I have always liked those Vermont Country Store ski pajamas..or the Peanuts cartoon print....very cute! Or anything with moons and stars on it.
The movie sounds interesting...I have never seen it.
(1)

Cwillie,
You are late getting to the slumber party!
The drawer is a cyber drawer, silly.
The kindle never made it into the drawer,
there was so much flannel in there.
Are you here to help make breakfast?
Any ideas?
Ever heard of Bone Broth? I've got lots, thanks to the hype
of the famous dr axe. It is supposed to heal gerd, and I added it to my berry smoothie yesterday. I guess one could put it into scrambled eggs?

You are mostly the earliest one up, regularly, after the UK, Countrymouse.
I know the night is over after you are up.
It is 4 a.m. here.

Good morning!
(1)

So what I can't figure out is this: since she seems to be up all night talking even though she has her Kindle in the drawer, just how big is Send's drawer??
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter