Follow
Read More
Thanks for that excellent idea, MsMadge!
We already spent our entire eating out budget this month, and then some.
If I am not more careful right now, it could jeopardize physical therapy.
However, he is happier with In n Out! That is less expensive. So, yes,
at least we will be eating out this early evening, soon as he gets off work.

Praying for you and Mom! Hugs!
You deserve all the hugs you can get!
(1)

Ah yes the eclipse, that's it

Send, can you and hubs get to Mimi's for a nice pot roast dinner ?
(1)

What thread am I on?
(1)

MsMadge,
The big one may be used to people and being fed. It's last victim might be absent for awhile, hospitalized with rabies. After I squirted ours, it is still in the neighborhood, but never in my yard. I beep the car locks before going out at night.

Cwillie,
Maybe it is them that are confused?  Or, they are messing with us.  People who like order are easy targets. I am now liking the threads that don't have a topic rule, such as General Topics or Caregivers Behaving Badly. For me, it is a good lesson in lightening up, giving up control, and Lmao.
Hoping the confusion passes after the eclipse. Can we blame it on the eclipse, where the animals behave funny? Maybe people too. I am confused too, but I am liking  it. ha ha ha.!!

My hubs is up to something, or just behaving weird!  It calms me to see that other people are doing the same.  It might be something simple, like losing his glasses but he won't tell me about it for weeks!  So, even though my antennae is up, on high alert, I've got this!  I will find out soon, but just don't care right now.  It is the planets and universe to blame until after the eclipse, I hope.

Two days ago he walked into a new doctor's office on his own (because they took walk-ins) and got himself a prescription for allergy eye irritation and flonase.  The eye Rx has a steroid in it as well as antibiotics. Flonase is also a steroid.
Yesterday, I saw him grab something and put it in his pocket-it was artificial sweetener, how is that supposed to be a secret?  Today I found a new product with propane 2-oil, and label says 99.9 % 
isopropyl alcohol,  from China, banned in California for use unless it is diluted, highly flammable, but available on amazon.
As long as we are talking about recipes, is this the recipe to make meth, or maybe a bomb?  Not likely, but maybe I should call the fire dept. hazmat team?  BTW, he has lost another 5 lbs.
An adult male @ 145 lbs?  Cannot afford another new work wardrobe.  So happy to be able to stick my head in the sand now, or blame it on the planetary effects, or just simple paranoia!
Mwah ha ha ha! Don't worry anyone-I am really into protecting the public's safety, and my own.
(3)

Send
I won't be inviting the possum in for a late night snack

When the raccoon and I spotted each other we both stopped in our tracks - when I clapped my hands he didn't flinch and he was big
(1)

Uh oh
(0)

We're baking and entertaining on the gardening thread and they're gardening over on the dysfunction thread. Everything is all mixed up, I'm so confused. 😕
(1)

What kind of critters, MsMadge? Those must be your pets, and you just don't know it yet!
(1)

Cwillie
Checking batteries and changing light bulbs and anything involving a step stool is a pain but I try to replace the batteries around Halloween time - some of the detectors are so old that I should probably replace them entirely

The motion sensor light on the garage isn't working too well either and lately when I get home from hoca in the wee hours there have been critters about that always seem to like to run up the driveway as I'm pulling in
(1)

You are welcome!
(0)

Thanks for those cupcakes; that chocolate fix just really hit the spot!
(3)

Sis had a senior moment! It can happen to anyone!
Cupcakes for lunch?

Not cooking alone so I wait for hubs....my "sous chef", he is very good at that.
Sometimes we yell, just like in hells kitchen reality show.
(4)

Sis just called to tell me she put her lunch on the stove and the went outside and forgot, when she finally came back in the house was full of smoke and not one of her smoke alarms was going off. Check your smoke alarms people!
(4)

Yes, thank you Cwillie! Loving the different cups, and I am ready for mine. If nobody minds, I would like the black and white dotted cup with the pink trim! Very good coffee, thanks, you are a good hostess.

Yum.
(2)

Hope I brought enough coffee for everyone....
(3)

Starting the day early, dH was called into work outside of his normal schedule.
So, coffee, coffee, coffee!
We are so grateful for the hours, and SSDI allows him to keep his benefits beyond his trial work period. Just went ahead, got him to working (very part time) again, not knowing what benefits SS would take away, and reporting accurately. I know the gov't is not your friend, but in this instance it has worked for him. Not everyone has a job coach to help a person get and keep their job. I just wanted to report that one does not have to hide money from SS, especially when there is so little of it!
His work could end at anytime, and I am not worried.

Even though his good work is sub-par to his employer and they have him on what's called a "constructive discharge" plan, " we" are still trying. They take away your hours, give you a strange schedule no one could want to keep, but we are on it. Sometimes with his cooperation!! Lol!
(2)

Superbel. if you post a new question you will reach a lot more people, threads like this tend to have fewer followers.
The problem I see with your question is that you brother CAN'T give you medical POA for your mom, it is not something that can be handed off to someone else, only your mother has the ability to add you as a secondary or remove your brother or give the NH permission to speak to you. Realistically there is not a lot you can do anyway since you live so far away and will presumably be returning home soon.
(1)

Hi everyone, I'm visiting my mom here in San Antonio tx. I live in NH. How I wish I lived closer to my mom she's been in this nursing home for two and a half years. Two of my siblings placed her here. My older brother has power of attorney. And he won't put me on for medical power of attorney he doesn't even take the time to check on her meds in this place. Any suggestions???
(0)

Hi everyone, I'm visiting my mom here in San Antonio tx. I live in NH. How I wish I lived closer to my mom she's been in this nursing home for two and a half years. Two of my siblings placed her here. My older brother has power of attorney. And he won't put me on for medical power of attorney he doesn't even take the time to check on her meds in this place. Any suggestions???
(0)

The klatsch part, = gossip?
Thanks, Cwillie.
Can we still have our coffee, tea, and gather "to discuss unimportant things"? I think that there is finally something I am good at!

Have you heard the latest.....?
And what about those tweets...!
(1)

Luckylu,
The custard cups, jello, and applesauce you had given your mother may be good for MsMadge's mother? Wish there was cranberry applesauce.
(2)

My Mother's Coffee Klatch was called "Bridge Club". Her group met every other week in someone's home.They'd have lunch and dessert and yack,but they Never played Bridge.
(3)

coffee klatch "Partial translation of German Kaffeeklatsch : Kaffee, coffee + Klatsch, gossip"

Do you think your mom needs to have her drinks thickened now MsMadge?
(2)

There are people on here familiar with the choking and can advise you MsMadge.
Just ask, or maybe they will offer.
(1)

Got there a little too late for treats tonight, but I left one of mom's favorite candy bars in the closet and let her aide tomorrow know they can share it after lunch

Hot cocoa sounds good - I always carry a pack with me in case mom wants some - just gave her small sips of cranberry juice in bed tonight - she is choking so easily now
(2)

MsMadge, Was there dessert tonight at the hoca?
(1)

Hot chocolate before bed would be nice, but I spilled my nectar of the dogs about an hour ago, fell onto the bed after changing the sheets, putting the wet ones in the washer, and I cannot get up!
It is so very much okay though, because last week I could not have changed my sheets without help and lots of pain. Tonight was a good night, believe it or not.
(1)

Nectar of the gods, cafe latte
(1)

Send,
Well rich people who have pools - ha ha

But, our local park and some YMCAs have them - much easier on the skin without so many chemicals
(1)

Sadness shared is lessened somehow. Good ideas Gershun!  Did everybody get their cranberry- orange scone with the sugary glaze?
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter