Follow
Read More
Congrats, cwillie! I had a mommy by proxy, my mom's twin sister, and I treasure her. That baby boy was a month early and still over 8#? Maybe good he came early! lol! That all sounds great!
(4)

What good news!
So happy for you, Great Auntie!
Congratulations to grandma too!
(2)

I'm off to tell great grandma :)
(5)

My, my what a nice healthy weight!! Glad he's landed safely!
(3)

He's here, 8lbs 2 oz, 10 fingers and 10 toes! Daddy say he hasn't slept since Friday but he sounds happy!
(5)

Cwillie,
Staying longer in the womb is a good thing! Prayers that the birth of your great-niece when the time comes will bless you and the family.
(3)

Last word was stalled labour.... 6 hours ago.😟😟😟
(3)

Yes, a great aunt! Back when my sis had to go back to work after maternity leave I moved in temporarily (there's that word again!) and never left. I stayed to help raise all her kids and beyond, so I guess I was kind of a mommy by proxy lol
(5)

You are going to be an auntie?
(3)

Congrats on the new member of the family. Hoping all's well with the baby!
(3)

I woke up to an email - we're in labour!! I'm so excited, but worried too, it's a long weekend and it's a month early ....
(5)

God bless the folks in Texas and the first responders and caregivers
(7)

Cwillie and Blackhole,
It's so hard for the dedicated ones
Even the LVNs at hoca are only given PT hours and work two jobs
Many show up after already putting in 8 hours elsewhere

Of course the slackers make it bad for everyone - they call off last minute and the dedicated ines end up with twice the work
(0)

Erin 60, Born and breed in Pittsburgh, loved it after 49 years in Mi. still call Pgh. my home. Yep, I'm sure you would have to make that move, but I just can't see the Steelers anywhere but Pittsburgh------------Take care , made me laugh and heaven knows caregivers just need to have these breaks :)
(0)

In my state, one of the (few) choices in the mandatory "welfare-to-work" training (or whatever it's called) is a CNA certification. I know someone who is an instructor our county's division. Each session, a small number of his students are hard-working and eager. The majority of each class, unfortunately, are folks who have been on the dole for as long as allowable. And are now sleepwalking their way through education they don't care about, in exchange for extending their financial stipends, rent vouchers, food stamps transportation subsidy and free child care. Each enrollee is allowed to fail "finals" and re-take the entire training multiple times. If and when these folks become certified CNAs and move on, they are hired primarily by residential elder-care facilities and home-help organizations. Not all are cream of the crop. But all are earning less than a Taco Bell shift leader. No easy answers.
(3)

Where I live PSWs (Personal Support Workers) are paid a little better than those working fast food, however it has become the norm that new hires are never considered full time employees and usually must juggle 2 or 3 jobs in order to earn enough to make ends meet. This is frustrating enough in urban centres, but those in less populated areas have fewer jobs to pick from and often travel great distances back and forth to work. I've also heard from the women doing home care that the schedulers seem to have their heads up their backsides because they can be given clients 20 miles apart with only a few minutes travel time allowed, and then have the next appointment back near the location where they started from. It's no wonder many give up in frustration or chose to upgrade to RPN/LPN.
(5)

Article on the front page of the Ny Times today predicting the shortage of home health workers by 2040
After a year in the field, many opt to work in fast food

Which is easier - bathing an overweight elder or working the fry machine?
(5)

Taking refuge on this thread
Tryjng not to lose my head
While all those around me
Are losing theirs.
Caregiving is stressful !
(3)

Today I came to the Library to get a free pair of eclipse ready glasses, but one cannot get any today. I would have to come the the eclipse viewing and get in line at 9:00 a.m. The reason I am interested in the sky, the eclipse, the full moons, is that the signs in the universe confirm scripture and prophesy. Learning to discern the signs of the times and the environment interests me.

So, I got a new library card, logged into the computer! It is a Lenovo with a keyboard.
Fun, easy, I should try to print something!
(3)

Gershun. Never give up hope. We also have the Pirates. No need to say more. They haven won a World Series since I graduated high school. 1979. I just googled Vancouver   They went to the finals in 2011.  Much better odds than the Buccos ( pirates).  You guys have a chance
(2)

Send Help if the Steelers moved to LA. I imagine , no strongly believe I'd be moving there too if I wanted to remain married. Not kidding. But ya the hot dogs at Heinz Field are great. We actually had Italian food tonight. It was good.
(2)

I used to be a hockey fanatic. My Mom was my hockey buddy. We would get together for almost every game. Since she passed my heart hasn't been in it as much but I hope they will win the cup one day before I die. Please...........hockey Gods!!!
(4)

Try not to fool ourselves! Just received a postcard--"We are on vacation" postcard. In my caregiver support, two were going on vacation! How do they do that? No, really, how?
One was taking their Mom, another was not.
Inquiring minds want to know.
My vacay is almost here, when I close my eyes tonight.
(0)

My husband lives and dies for Steelers and Penguins. As a result I follow hockey and football more than I ever imagined. He replays recorded games of both teams a few times a week. Yes he has no life. Lol. But I don't think Vancouver plays here that often. Best of luck to Canucks. !!!!
(1)

Anything can happen!
(2)

Oh yes, Sid the kid! Yeah, he's still the best. You guys still have the Stanley Cup there in Pittsburgh and I'm from Vancouver so if you follow hockey at all I guess you know we probably won't be getting that cup anytime soon. :(
(1)

Hi Gershun. Let's go Penns. We love Sydney From Canada. Number 78
(1)

No onions for me, grilled onions and chilies for hubs.
Double double for both, his was protein style.
No fries for me, animal style for him.
Water for me, strawberry shake for hubs.
New idea, put the rootbeer together with the vanilla shake!
No more double doubles.

Did you MsMadge?

Is that what salads do Gershun?  Moan, oh, now I understand.  I thought it was the chocolate protein bar.  I heard we should all be fasting the day of the eclipse, to avoid feeling out of sorts.

Erin, you found the fun!  Isn't Steelers the ones who just moved to L.A.? lol, probably not, its ok.  I don't follow too much sports but always get impressed by those that do!  Welcome!  What did you have for dinner?  I am very interested in the hot dogs sold at the games.  Pittsburg Steelers!
(1)

Did you get grilled onions on your double double, Send?

Chili peppers or root beer or real vanilla shake?
(1)

Go Steelers! That's football, right? ...............Just kidding, I know it is.

Here in Canada, hockey is the main sport. Two more months before it starts again.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter