Follow
Read More
What thread are we on?
I love the little word Meh.
Stopped using it though when I looked it up for someone.
Maybe my use was wrong, but I still don't know what it means...lol and Meh.
Maybe it is only for the use of the popular people. Meh.
(3)

LOL cwillie.........meh that. Santa Clause parades..................hmmm...........yeah, meh!
(3)

Santa came to my town today, there was a carol sing-a-long at the library and a 6:00 parade. I really meant to go, I marked it on my calendar and everything, but...  meh.
(3)

Haha, CW, it's a Hollywood guy accused of multiple sexual harassment/assault by women he's put in films. The ol "casting couch," I guess, except not willing participants. He's not a political figure, so maybe he's game for discussion.
(2)

Harvey who??

(edit) Seriously though, if you want to start a hot thread pretend to be a teenager looking after grandpa because your mom is a drug addict and your auntie won't help because he sexually abused her.
(5)

Yes Willie it is. I've noticed that too. But people are still giving me grief over remarks I made a year ago. It's so nice to be loved. :)

Should I say something really controversial now and set something in motion? What does everyone think about Harvey Weinstein and all that nonsense? Am I allowed to discuss this on here? We'll see I guess. :)
(2)

Hi cwillie,

I wonder if its because our American friends are getting ready for Thanksgiving, enjoying the college football games and getting ready for those Black Friday deals. Send tells me you are another Canadian. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. I've been back and forth about posting but Send has been very encouraging. Take care.
(2)

Sure is quiet around here lately.
(2)

Gershun,
Was so busy doing paperwork....had to take a funny-break on here today.
(1)

Hey, Send!

My new place is good..........still getting used to it. It still doesn't feel like home but it's only been a little over a month.

Hey, Send I'd rather be quiet and be considered a fool than to open my mouth and remove all doubt. :)

How art thou?
(2)

Gershun, You have been quiet....How is your new place?
(1)

MsMadge.....YOU are a Hero!
(4)

I was discharged home with an IV. Hubby actually managed it with some encouragement. Even though hubby is an MD he is practically useless when he has to be ahnds on. they tried to teach me to do it myself in the hospital but surprisingly I did not have enough hands. When there is a PIC line in your uppper arm it is not possible to use that hand to hold anything. An RN visited eveycouple of days and there was always someone on call.
Hope your Mom makes it through this Ms Madge it is very serious.
(6)

MsMadge,
A neighbor was discharged to home with an R.N. visiting with the I.V.
Taking the private caregivers home, visiting R.N., and a possible palliative care team,....
would that work at all?
(2)

So sorry Madge.............and don't kid yourself. You are a hero. All caring caregivers are!

My Mom had sepsis too and I know how rough that battle can be. My thoughts and prayers are with you. ((((HUGS)))))
(2)

ive been down sick but gathered what strength I had to get mom to the ER yesterday - she's been lethargic since Sunday
Sat in the ER for 12 hours until she was admitted at 2:30 am

The Viking is in battle - sepsis this time

She wasn't even in the room 6 hours when the discharge planner was chasing me this morning

She will need Iv antibiotics for 2 weeks and hoca is not licensed for IV

Discharge to a SNF is breaking my heart

Frick and Frack are uninterested
(7)

Cwillie, Gershun and Lu
You are heros
(3)

Veronica, my Mom passed already. I was talking past tense. But thank-you for your well wishes anyway.

I know my Mom knew I adored her and I try to remind myself of this when I look back and find myself feeling resentful of my siblings. They have to live with themselves and I guess that's their punishment.

Hugs to you!!
(0)

Gershun you are doing great by your Mom. I am so sorry the sibs don't seem to care. It seems that often they all disappear to save themselves the pain of watching a loved one decline. If it does not bother Mom try and not let it bother you. Is Mom giving up or being realistic? it is hard to know the difference.
I have not by any means given up but am trying to look realistically at my infirmities and accept the fact i may not improve much more.
Yes watch you back with sis
(3)

It is sad. My Mom had already become resigned before she ever entered the nursing home. I remember when Mom was still doing well and she and I would be out for dinner for her Birthday. I have five living siblings. One of them is mentally ill so I won't include him but where were the others? Not even a phone call. Disgusting...........so I would go visit Mom even on days where I was super tired or depressed or what have you cause I knew if I did not she wouldn't get any visitors at all. Don't get me wrong.......I loved seeing my Mom but you know how it goes some days.

Actually speaking of siblings, I was shocked to receive a Birthday e-mail from my narc sis the other day. We hadn't spoken since January when I confronted her about 55 years of mistreatment. I was quite surprised. I responded. Kept it very short cause I still don't trust her. :P
(4)

It broke my Mother's heart that her sons wouldn't come by to see her or be with her or take her anywhere and it hurt me to see Mom hurt,but somehow they can live with themselves.
(3)

I know Gershun, I was picturing the Waltons.
(4)

Oh, and yes I come from a large family. It doesn't make any difference if they are selfish.
(2)

I hear ya Willie! I always felt that if my siblings had picked up the slack my Mom would have been happier and yes, I could have gone every day and felt guilty when I didn't but I did phone her every day and we would talk for a while each time but.............still..........I hear what you are saying, Willie.
(1)

Sometimes I wish I came from a bigger family or that my sis was half as motivated as I am to try to improve mom's QOL. Even though I'm over there every day I still can't cover everything - today I stayed for lunch but didn't return at 2:00 to make sure she was taken to the entertainment, so I'm sure she wasn't. If only there was someone else who would step up once in a while, even when sis does visit I am expected to go along.
(2)

Does anyone know if they can get the World Series on T.V. at the NH?
(1)

Veronica,
That is scary!
Kinda wish my hubs would 'gear up' to protect the homefront, if ever.
But then again, I don't know.....
(1)

You ate them?
Same as last year.....
How many were there, where'd they go?
The spooks, I mean.
(1)

I'm still here. The little devils took all my candy (sniff), all I have left are the chips I bought for back up.
I think the chips in those little bags taste different than the ones in a big bag.
(2)

Trick or treaters came Sat am two hay wagons of them so that was soon over and hubby enjoyed the left overs.
HOWEVER SOMEONE PULLED INTO THE DRIVEWAY AND KNOCKED LOUDLY ON THE DOOR.
Did not answer it and after a while they drove off. Did not call hubby because he would have appeared with a loaded shot gun.
He heard a whistle the other night and got geared up because he thought it was a signal from gang members.
We live in a fairly up scale subdivision with houses on five acres and so far no trouble plus we do have a security system. Our small town does and has had a drug problem and recently the police have been busting mostly meth labs in town.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter