Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Joyeux Noel, Feliz Navidad.
Joyful Xmas to all caregivers.
New Year to bring resolutions and peace.
(4)

Merry Christmas!
(4)

Hello. Mother has been in memory care for four months. She doesn't know where she is or what to do. Every day is like a new day of confusion. How can I help her over the phone as I live 4 hours away. Thank you for any suggestions
(2)

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year 🎆!
(3)

Jamieh,

You can remind her that she lives in a retirement community now where she has friends , activities and staff to wait on her .
I’m sorry but you will be repeating the same thing over and over again .
(3)

Wishing everyone Happy New Year!
2023 has been strange to say the least.
I have hopes, dreams, aspirations and desire to change many things.
Day or two ago dietitian on TV said how she was anti-diet being one of popular resolution for new year.
We all fail, so enjoy that slice of cake or chocolate once in awhile. We deserve it.
Wishing everyone peace and good health.
And most importantly care about yourself as much as you care about others!
(7)

Okay Canadian members, I've just been taking a trip down memory lane listening to some of Don Messer's fiddling on YouTube. Too bad I never had that to play for my mom.
(1)

Don Messer and his Islanders! I remember them.
(1)

Lots of great musicians from Canada. My favorite, Joni Mitchell.
(2)

We attended Canada’s 2023 Rock Of Fame concert at Massey Hall in Toronto. Thirteen great acts like Trooper, April Wine, Max Webster, Rough Trade... although, if I had to pick one favourite Cdn band it would be Rush. (but The Guess Who is great too, plus The Band... oh so many...)
(4)

One of the ways I pass my time is searching YouTube for music. When I started I had a hard time finding Canadian music from my era (any era really), the internet definitely skews American and a younger demographic and search results always were flooded with the Tragically Hip, Celine Dion or Shania Twain 🙄. It's been especially fun digging up the bands and songs that were big hits that everyone seems to have either forgotten or relegated to a lower status - Lighthouse, the Stampeders, Steppenwolf, Five Man Electrical Band, Chilliwack, Triumph, Honeymoon Suite, Doug and the Slugs, Prism, the Powder Blues Band, Toronto, Bruce Cockburn, Edward Bear, Kim Mitchell, Valdy, Murrary McLauchlan....
(4)

Anabanana - High School Confidential was one of the first songs I searched for, it a deliciously naughty song back in the day (even though we didn't have a clue Carol Pope was gay) 🤣
(1)

My DH had such a crush on Shania Twain way back 🙄🙄. He thought she was pretty . Her music was not his type though .

But searching You tube music is a good idea for an activity in AL to do as a group . The activity employee could ask residents for songs or artists that they want to hear and then search for them and play them on speakers or even on TV . So many elderly either don’t know how or forget how to use technology .
Some of the activities are pretty lame . I have to admit . They need some better ideas.
(1)

I'm terrified thinking of the music some sweet little social director will think is appropriate and force upon us when I'm in a facility some day 😱
(6)

Cwillie, Chilliwack, Prism and Lighthouse were also inducted in 2023. It was a great show. Best friend and I attended the Rough Trade concert the next night. Carole Pope is developing a RT musical. Will give a whole new meaning to "Broad"way!
(0)

cwillie, I think we will be subjected to hip hop or rap.
I think seniors doing rap would be a kick. Just put up the beat and let us go.
(1)

If my nursing home doesn’t karaoke, I will bring my own system and run it out of my room.
(3)

I turned 77 today! Did not sleep as insomnia got me, but DD, SIL and his mother came over today to celebrate. I feel like 90 tonight.
(8)

Happy Birthday Llama 🥳
(4)

Happy Birthday Llama! Sorry you feel old.

But I hope your B'day is great anyways.

If's it's any comfort I'm 62 and also feel 80 at times. Whatever that feels
like. Maybe I only feel 79.

Who knows.................

Anyway, cheers to you!
(4)

We saw Chilliwack at our annual fair a few years ago. They sounded great still. Old Bill Henderson. April Wine played there one year too.

Canada has a lot of great musical talent.
(3)

Happy Birthday, Llama. 🎈🎁🎈 Hope you feel younger soon.
(2)

Happy birthday 🎂🎉🎈🎊, Llama!
(4)

Need, Beatty, Golden and Gershun: Thank you!
(3)

Happy Birthday Llama!
The fortunate thing about birthdays and the passing of time
is that you may forget how old you felt on this birthday.

I would feel old if I struggled to count that high all in one day too. 🎂

When the realization comes about that you have made many friends here to share your burdens and joys, may you feel much younger and hopeful in this the New Year.

Many blessings Llama!
(2)

Happy Birthday Llama 🎂🎈.

You said you feel like 90 tonight . My knees feel like 90. Was up and down a ladder today painting .
(3)

Llamalover, Happy Birthday!

May The Lord touch your body and bless you exceeding abundantly!
(4)

Happy Birthday, LL
(4)

Llama, I hope your brain gifted you rejuvenating sleep and you bounced back to feeling 40.
(4)

LLama, Happy Birthday!!!
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter