Follow
Read More
not canada.
believe me, meters and meters of snow. you have no idea what i went through to get out my front door, and make it alive to this cafe, where i'm typing right now. the birds have no idea how i made it either. they watched me.
(3)

What a trek!
Said birds must be penguins, petrels and terns.
Watch the skies. Everywhere. Keep looking. Keep watching the skies! 🤪🛸👽
(1)

Our local firefighters are having a food drive this morning and are rolling up and down the streets and blasting horns and sirens - does anybody over the age of 3 really like that?
(4)

cwillie, I tend to have a love affair with emergency vehicles, so I would be happy as a clam.

But for those who have a history of being taken to the hospital via 911, it could be unnerving to keep hearing the sires and horns. Especially someone who wasn't familiar with the food drive. They would think something terrible was happening in the neighborhood and should they evacuate.

I remember visiting the step-grandkids when they were young, it was Christmas time, and the local fire department had Santa on the truck, and was driving through the community. One grandchild started crying as she thought Santa had gotten hurt, and no amount of convincing her that he was ok. She still was upset the next day.... [sigh].
(2)

🥰 today's inspirational quote...

“The will to succeed is important,
but what’s more important is the will to prepare.”
(2)

What happened to Needhelpwithmom?? I'm seeing references to her posts but not the actual post.
(1)

Catskie, I noticed that too. I'll report your post to Admin.
(1)

Thanks PBear, its strange because a message she sent me was gone this morning but back now. I'm seeing her name on posts again. How bizarre
(3)

🥰🥰🥰 today's words of wisdom...

"Yes, the harsh truth is that life is - not - fair. But we do the best that we can in spite of that."
(2)

🥰  had a very empathetic conversation with a government official today.

me: i'm here to take care of these papers for my parents.
official (smiling/sincere): you're a very good daughter.
me: thanks!
official (smiling/sincere): it's not alway fun to be a good daughter.

----
that felt really good to be understood, even by a stranger. 🥰
(6)

Sis and BIL and I were supposed to travel to nephew#1's to babysit next weekend (they have booked a romantic overnight getaway) and then hang around for Easter dinner but now that BIL is in the hospital that has put all those plans up in the air. If BIL is still in the hospital I suppose sis and I can still do the babysitting, but if he's sent home he'll need someone here with him.
I just told nephew we'd figure something out even if I have to drive there myself😱
(3)

So google maps says 2 hours 39 minutes if I avoid highways (yeah, no 401 or 403 please), bet nobody has ever considered someone who sticks to side roads and occasionally may travel gravel roads too.
(3)

cw,

How old is the baby? You’ll work something out.

Is the child old enough for an Easter basket? You can bring Easter treats with you.

My grown daughters call me to ask if I am making them baskets! LOL

I don’t remember when my mom stopped making our Easter baskets. I know that it was before we went to high school. My girls were still asking me in college to make them a basket.

I made my mom Easter baskets but I only put a little bit of candy in hers because she wasn’t a big eater. I put pretty soaps, hand lotion, sometimes a pair of earrings, etc.

My daughters still want candy!
(3)

The kids are just turned 3 and 5 1/2 and the littlest one is a handful NHWM, that's why we like to babysit as a team.
(2)

cw,

Oh, okay. I must have missed you saying that you had two little ones. Those are adorable ages!

I was definitely the fun aunt to my nieces and nephews.

I wish that I could see my great nieces and nephews more often. They don’t live close to me.
(3)

🥰 words of wisdom...

"Don’t feed yourself only on leftovers. When you say yes to others, make sure you are not saying no to yourself."
(4)

🥰 more words of wisdom...

"Just because today (or last week, or last month...) is terrible doesn’t mean tomorrow won’t be the best day of your life. You just have to get there."
(1)

"If you don't make the time
to work on creating the life you want,
you're eventually going to be forced
to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don't want."
(3)

"How to be happy:
Ignore people who think they know more about you than you do."
(2)

❤️

"Be around those who feed your soul,
not eat it."
(2)

❤️

"Waste no more time arguing
about what a good man, woman, should be.
Be one."
(2)

❤️🍃

"Your mind is a garden.
Your thoughts are the seeds.
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds."
(3)

❤️🌞

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling,
but in rising again and again after you fall."
(3)

❤️⚡find your superpower

"Sometimes in life
you have to create the thing you want to be a part of."
(3)

🥰

"If you surround yourself with clowns,
don't be surprised when your life resembles a circus."
(5)

❤️ keep chasing your dream. you can do it.

"WARNING:
Awesome sense of accomplishment ahead!"
(2)

❤️🌞 for anyone who needs healing.

of course, easier said than done, but:

“Removing stress from your life in a time of needing to heal is also mega important. There have been multiple studies that show that stress wrecks your body in all kinds of ways.”
(3)

Thank you so much BOJ 🤗🩷

I seemed to have caught the train to Stressland this week..
Then I stopped to read your many lovely notes today. Like looking up & reading the poems on the London Underground 😊.

I am now picturing disembarking. Sitting on a bench in the sunshine, admiring the flowers in the station's hanging baskets & listening to birdsong.

Easter to do list...?
Family obligations...?
What *really* needs doing?

What can I reduce to reduce stress?
What brings me & others joy?

I can choose to catcha different train. On the Joyville line.

Happly Easter!
(7)

❤️🌞

Sometimes all you need are some gentle words from a friend or stranger to lift your spirits.
—bundle of joy

Sometimes all you need is $5 million.
—also bundle of joy
(3)

❤️😉 today's words of wisdom, to all of us on the forum...

Someday, when we're rich and famous, we'll look back on all this and laugh.
—bundle of joy
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter