🥰

"Be a good person
but don't waste time to prove it."
(3)

🥰

“Do you recharge yourself as much as you recharge your phone?”
(1)

🥰

“Life is all about balance. You don’t always need to be getting stuff done. Sometimes it’s perfectly OK, and absolutely necessary, to shut down, kick back, and do nothing.”
(1)

Hey check this out

Staff At Nursing Home Invents Games to Keep Residents Engaged

https://www.reddit.com/r/MadeMeSmile/comments/10w4n3f/staff_at_nursing_home_invents_games_to_keep/
(5)

cw,

Adorable video! Thanks for sharing.

My mom’s home health physical therapist had my mom catching a ball. She was hesitant due to balance issues but was able to do it.

Honestly, I think my mom had a bit of a crush on him 😊. He was a good looking young man who sort of looked like my handsome father when he was young.

She loved this physical therapist because he would play Frank Sinatra songs for her to work out to.

Mom also had a thing for the handsome fireman who came to the house when she fell. She may have been declining in her elder years but she surely could spot a good looking man! LOL 😆
(7)

I saw that video today too! How fun for those residents!
(3)

NHWM, it's things like that stat that keep me single. I remember coming here over the years with my rose-colored glasses about dating/marriage. Some of the users reached out to me by PM and said, basically, "don't do it if you don't have to." 😂

Cw, I love that video.
(5)

Ali,

I hear ya! I love honesty. It’s funny how some people are brutally honest, right? Others are very diplomatic but we know what they are thinking inside! 😆

I have a few friends that are extremely glad that they are single. One of my dear friends was engaged to a guy that we all thought she would marry. He ended the relationship and she was crushed.

After she healed from being hurt, she would tell me that she loved being single, being able to come and go as she pleases, not having to cook and clean for anyone, travel whenever and wherever she wanted and so on.

She truly doesn’t regret not getting married.
(4)

❤️ some nice quotes...

“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”

“I get up every morning and it’s going to be a great day. You never know when it’s going to be over, so I refuse to have a bad day.”

“Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” 

“I’m always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning. Every day I find something creative to do with my life.”
(2)

I can hear the cardinals singing this morning, spring is in the air .💞❤️
(5)

i wish spring were in the air here... ❤️
here, snow everywhere. but i have to say: it's realllly pretty. i love it! super white. it'll continue until april, maybe even may! in april, people here joke that, "it may seem like april, but it's actually the 106th of january."

today there's so much snow outside my window, that i wouldn't be surprised if penguins show up. maybe we can have a cup of tea, and cookies, together. ❤️

i train a lot outdoors. i love the crisp air, the trees covered in snow. 🙂
(4)

🥰

"Stop letting blind people tell you what you see."
(5)

🥰

"Judge me by the people I avoid."
(2)

🥰😉

"The life you want
is on the other side of the stuff you don't want to do."
(2)

🙄

“Sometimes you don’t realize you’re actually drowning,
when you’re trying to be everyone else’s anchor.”
(4)

I am so fortunate to have children that are planners! They know where they are going and what they are going to do when they get there and when.

Can you imagine travelling to Europe, with your band, with the intent to play at different venues, bars, whatever and not having an itinerary?
(6)

Actually the happiest times of my life have been when I was single. I'm really an introvert loner most of the time. Especially since my mom died. Believe it or not I was once the jokester, clown of my family. But as I've gotten older and especially since mom died I just stopped feeling that need to break the ice by making people laugh. A BIL said to me once "we liked you better the other way" which really pissed me off and I suddenly realized that I thought I needed to make people laugh so they would like me more. Now I don't really care if they like me and if they really did like me they'd like serious me too.

So they can all just sit on a wire brush and rotate for all I care. (just kidding) or am I? Dun dun dunnnnn!!!!
(8)

Gershun,

I love that! “Sit down on a wire brush and rotate!” Hey, you still have your sense of humor. That made me giggle!

Don’t we all know a few people that we would like to see them rotate on a wire brush? LOL 😆 We should start a list, just for fun!

Here’s my start,

Obnoxious relatives

Old bosses

Mean teachers (I hated my sixth grade teacher!) LOL 😝

Crappy neighbors

Okay, your turn, Gershun.
(5)

:)
(3)

Oh Need, the list might be so long. I wrote it out and burned it (in my mind) long ago.

But you guys go ahead if you like. Fill your boots as they say. Actually rotating on a wire brush is too good for the people I'm thinking of.

Just saying...............;)
(4)

Gershun,

I am still giggling. That was too funny! Do you have any other torture techniques up your sleeve? LOL 😂
(1)

I am not a violent person but......that time in grade three when that obnoxious little so and so said what he said. Boy, I oughta.

NO! Stop it Gershun, you are not a violent person!
(3)

LOL 😆

Oh, we need to add school bullies to the list!
(3)

My second grade teacher hit me on my hand with a ruler 'to get me out of my shell.' It didn't work! Child abuse!
(5)

🥰

"Don't ruin other people's happiness just because
you can't find your own."
(3)

My husband has a colonoscopy scheduled for this week.

I told him to do the same prep that I did. I opted for drinking the small portion instead of drinking tons of the other stuff.

Anyway, he wanted to do the same thing that I did. Turns out the stuff that I took for prep has been taken off the market. I have no idea why they removed it.

I loved doing the home test but when they detected blood I had to do the colonoscopy. It ended up being a polyp.

We both have colon cancer in our families.

The test itself is nothing. It’s the prep that’s uncomfortable.
(3)

Need: That prep is difficult. Hope your DH does well.
(4)

Thanks, Llama
(2)

Need: You're welcome.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter