Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I don’t answer phone numbers that I don’t know. I don’t open emails that I don’t know. I automatically delete them.

I unsubscribe from emails from the cooking blogs that I like to read. I am not on AgingCare email list either. I opted out.

If we didn’t unsubscribe, we would be getting a million emails a day!
(3)

Regarding spam emails. I get around 100 a day that show up in my spam folder, but I need to scroll down the list as sometimes a legit email gets tangled up in there. I use AOL and it is pretty good at tossing junk emails into the spam folder, rarely do I get a spam in my regular mail folder.

I've had my email address for over 20 years, and I use to go into those advertisements and "unsubscribe". It use to work. But now a days unsubscribing is a big mistake, as it just made it all worse.

I find it interesting that I get email from myself :)
(3)

FF,

That’s true too, sometimes unsubscribing from emails doesn’t do any good. It’s just like trying to block phone numbers that are from robo callers.

It’s frustrating because I will get calls early in the morning or late at night. At least emails aren’t as bothersome as the phone calls.

Since Covid, we haven’t had any JW’s knocking on our door though. Years ago they use to ring my doorbell just as I would put my daughter down for a nap. I started placing a sign on my front door saying, ‘Do not ring bell, child napping.’
(1)

I read an article that says answering your phone with anything but hello will stop the number being marked as active.

I have found it works, I answer with whatchamacallit and I very rarely get scam calls, my husband on the other hand gets many, he has to answer appropriately because of business.
(2)

The other thing that doesn’t work is placing our phone number on the ‘Do Not Call’ list.
(1)

I just saw something tonight that reminded me of advice I had received before. These scammers when they get you on the phone may be trying to get us to say the word "yes" that they record. For example they will ask "can you hear me" hoping you will answer yes. They will repeat the question several times.

The scammers can then use you recorded "yes" for all sorts of illegal purposes.

The last couple of months I have been receiving an email from, supposedly, a collection agency for an unpaid debt. Each time I mark it as junk, only to receive another offer/threat from a different email address but the same person. It is driving me nuts!I

You can't be careful enough!
(5)

Glad, can you report it as spam?

I had this type of thing with a water filter company. I stopped even looking at the emails and I still get them but, not as frequently. Reported as spam but it is a different email everytime.
(1)

Itrr yes I have tried that and forwarded the emails to the fcc.
(0)

The do not call list only works for legitimate businesses, it makes it easy to know the callers are either scammers or scuzzy businesses you wouldn't want to hire.
Caller display is a wonderful thing and I'd never go back to answering blind, but some phone carriers charge ridiculous amounts for every extra feature - my sis's landline still doesn't have it.
(3)

I wish someone would come up with a software where one can send all their spam emails to the other spammers but the software would erase the headers so they don't know it came from you :)

But first make sure no legit emails are accidentally in the mix.
(3)

🥰 more words of wisdom...

"Life gets easy when you remove people who make it difficult."
(2)

🥰 more words (not necessarily wise)...

"Disconnect to connect."

"That time you confused a lesson for a soulmate."

"You must create." 🥰

"Don't let someone get comfortable disrespecting you."

"Single and ready to get nervous around anyone I find attractive."
(2)

FF,

That would be a marvelous thing! I hate spam mail!

Spam texts too!
(2)

🥰

"Life would be easier if I could mark some people as spam."
(3)

You can't? I can!
(3)

Bundle,

Which people? LOL 😆

How many on your list? 😃
(2)

gladimhere, good question. i mean literally tape a piece of paper on their forehead that says, spam. this can be very useful for the whole world. you're welcome.

needhelpwithmom, good question too. i'm counting...the number is high. you might want to grab a coffee, or something. it'll take a while to count and answer.
(2)

Bundle of joy, LOL 😆

We could all fill up a page or two with people who belong in the spam folder!

Let’s see,

Annoying relatives!

Nosey neighbors!

Rude people!

Dumb a$$es! LOL 😆 Lacking common sense.

Know it alls!

Selfish people!

Hypocritical people!

Passive aggressive people!

People who lack empathy and respect for others! People who belittle or shame others.

People who lack a sense of humor!

Did I leave anyone out? I’m sure that I did. Please add the ones that I overlooked 😁.

Should I add sociopaths and psychopaths? 😄
(1)

🥰 more words of wisdom…

“When dealing with toxic people, it’s important to understand that you can’t change anybody, so it’s best to stop trying. Save your energy for something easier, like world peace. Or landing on a star.”

🤩
(4)

😉

“When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier.”
(3)

❤️ more wisdom...

“Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.”
(4)

🥰

“When there is a hill to climb, don’t think that waiting will make it smaller.”
(3)

I hope everyone will have seen yesterday's post from RealyReal, about the death of her dear friend and the current situation with her Mom who has sustained a perforation of the bowel and is hospitalized and critical. She is asking for your prayers. I know you will all want to know and it is by accident I saw her post this a.m. as it was buried deep in the threads already. A comment of loving support from us will keep that threat at the top of the list and in the top of our minds in supporting her.
All take care.
(4)

Thanks, Alva, for letting us know about ITRR. 😀
(4)

Yes, I have posted on ITRR's thread.
(2)

🥰

sometimes you forget you're awesome
so this is your reminder.
(2)

🥰 more wisdom…

"The Lord gave us two ends: One to sit on and the other to think with. Success depends on which one we use the most."
(3)

😍 this is specifically for anyone who needs to practice saying no.

noooooooooo.
no. nope. no can do.
no, no, no.
no.

(repeat as necessary, until achieving success)
(6)

Is it just me or does it seem like people are dropping like flies. Today David Crosby of Crosby Stills and Nash died. Jeff Beck, Lisa Marie Presley. Then there's the accidents like Jay Leno a few mths ago and Jeremy Renner. I read today that he probably suffered permanent injuries due to his snow plow incident. Sad that.

Speaking of injuries I've been feeling discouraged at my slow recovery after my foot injury. Prayers are always welcome.
(7)

Suddenly my land line is blowing up with spam calls, I think this was mentioned on this thread before, 6 to 10 calls a day. Add that to my recent depression and I am ready to blow! We don't answer them, have a spam filter.. I am about to cancel the land line but my 88 YO Aunt and hubs elderly cousin still call it!
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter