Follow

Hey folks, welcome to the new whine/general topic thread. Feel free to use this thread to discuss anything that is on your mind. Caregiving- related stuff, life after a loved one's death, your own emotional wellbeing. Whatever..........anything on your mind.

Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
Thank you for having this forum.
it has already helped me by others peoples questions and answers.
now I feel I am not alone.
(4)

I've had my share of dental woes lately too Madge. Hope it gets better.
(2)

Thanks, I went back to dentist today for a cleaning which I do every 3 months anyway - still in pain though - they say maybe a bruise or a crack that can't be seen yet - it's odd that it started after having the molar above it refilled last month after the silver filling fell out - I'm hopng it quiets down - I go to the ear Doctor next week
(2)

Madge,

Hope you feel better soon. Toothaches are the worst!
(4)

Madge, many years ago, my dad had a toothache. Nothing wrong with his tooth; he had an ear infection. Or a sinus infection, I forget. But it was referred pain. Go see your doctor.
(5)

Traveling mysteries MsMadge.
(1)

I've had a toothache and went to the dentist today - gratefully the X-ray didn't show an infection but there was no diagnosis either so I'm taking Advil for the pain and warm salt water rinses - now I swear the pain has moved to another tooth - what's up with that ?
(2)

Cali,

Yes, you have a lovely state. I have been all over your state and it’s truly beautiful and lovely weather in many areas. Like I said, I never wanted to leave.

Honestly though, I must have been a gypsy in a former life because I am a bit of a chameleon where I can blend in and appreciate something about every area.

Of course, that doesn’t mean that I don’t have strong dislikes or likes about certain things. I despise the cold! I can handle a visit but not year round. So I don’t think I would ever survive in many cold weather states like Minnesota, Alaska, North Dakota, etc. You know, any of those brutally cold areas.

I’m a southern gal, anything under 70 degrees is chilly to me. Hahaha.
(1)

Needhelp, I think i’m About 5 hours north of Send and a lot of people think our weather up here is the best! It’s supposed to be 80 degrees on Sunday! We don’t get humidity or arctic freezes (but it does dip down in to the 20s during winter). It doesn’t get as hot here as it gets in SoCal, I mean we do have temps in the 90s but not every day like in SoCal. It tends to be warmer in the fall Sept-November than the summer! I’m not a fan of the weather myself. Because it goes from hot to cold too often. We’ll have a week or two of warm temps and right when I get used to it, it’s back to being foggy and in the low 60s! But you know there’s no doubt in my mind that once we out of this state for good, I will probably miss the mild climate!
(2)

Rub it in, Sendhelp, Hahaha

You have the very best weather, right? Every time I visited California I didn’t want to return home. It’s so beautiful there and perfect weather to boot!

Our weather is crazy. If you don’t like it, stick around for 20 minutes. Was warm yesterday but chilly today. Can’t say that New Orleans has harsh winters though. Every now and then we have weather dipping into below freezing temps, but it’s rare!

I remember as a kid packing up summer clothes before winter. Then packing up winter clothes before summer. Geeeeez, now we wear our entire wardrobe year round!

We have had warm spring Easter celebrations and down right chilly ones. Same with Halloween, Mardi Gras, Thanksgiving and Christmas too. Sometimes when selecting a Christmas tree it’s hot cocoa weather, other times it’s iced tea weather!
(1)

Cold Snap, Arctic Freeze?
I want to hear from all of you!
I am still using the a/c through the heat, but days are beautiful here in So Cal.
Is everybody okay, weather-wise?
(0)

I's only 8:30, but it's been dark for hours. IDK, maybe he wants to get a head start on tomorrow?
(2)

That neighbor blows snow at night? Is that weird?
(1)

An over eager neighbour is out tonight with his snowblower❄️. I don't care what the forecast says, this $h!+ is going to melt on Saturday and besides that I refuse to even think about shovelling in November.
(2)

Scary, Pam.

Goodness, I wouldn’t sign up again either.
(2)

I have been to a training session the last 2 days at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore. It was held on the 15th floor of a building. The building shook,.. wobbled.. whatever you want to call it,, all the TIME! I could feel it, and we all watched our water bottles shift the water .. like a bad earthquake movie! And it was an upscale building,, ID to get in, they did the elevators for us. great food.. Just very distracting and I was in Baltimore many years ago when we HAD an earthquake.. but I was working on the 7th floor.. and at least had the patients to keep my mind off the thought that all non clinical staff were getting the heck out of the building! I don't think I'll sign up for this again..
(3)

Human nature is strange. When I was struggling without a car, I walked up a hill to church as my neighbors and church goers sped on by. This was many years ago. It was a difficult walk, and I was bitten by mosquitos.

My countenance must have changed the day I got my new car, and was offered a ride.
(3)

When I took my car in today to get the snow tires on they tried to tell me that the rims were rusted out and at least one needed to be replaced immediately, but when they couldn't find any of the right size in stock they somehow miraculously were able to repair the faulty rim. I used to trust these guys, now.... not so much.
(4)

Glad,

I second that!
(2)

😡😵
Unbelievable! Disgusting!
(3)

Reading this news story was not a good way to start my day........ "Seniors' home confines 94-year-old blind woman to bedbug-infested room for 2 weeks"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/woman-confined-bedbugs-sienna-senior-living-1.5342990
(2)

I was always the kid in school who asked the questions that everyone wanted the answer to but was too afraid to ask.

So thx Send, I'll keep asking then.
(4)

News in SoCal.....they are making their own snow.
(3)

Gershun,
You can ask anything.
There are no dumb questions.
It is just that there may not be any good answers, except when you get to heaven.

The streets are gold.
(4)

I also can't stand daylight savings. It was much worse when I lived in NY. The change made closing up various stores I worked in unpleasant. It was just so grim to feel such a difference from the previous week. I guess it does help school age children not be out in the dark so early although I don't remember that being a factor when my kids were going to school. I thought it was initially set up for farmers. Anyway it is always an adjustment.
(3)

I hated it when I lived in NV. Now I live where we don't change our time and I love it.
(2)

DST - wait, which one are we on now???? I'd personally like to keep that year round, I hate that it gets dark so early in the winter and losing an hour at the end of the day just sucks. (Of course going to work/school in the dark would suck too. Winter, bah humbug)
(4)

Am I the only one who hates daylight savings time?
(2)

Yes, heaven is a lit up place, and tonight we have learned that white stuff falls from up above.

Last week, it was fluffy white ashes from the fires.
(1)

Now I spelled it wrong.
(1)

1 2 3 4 5

Start a Discussion

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter