Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Is it free? I'm always suspicious when someone refers to their product as "The SECRET to..." I've heard that a million times and it's usually a marketing ploy and usually not really anything secret. That being said, thanks for the resource!
(0)

I scrolled through the site and watched a couple of videos and to an old hand like me the information was pretty superficial and limited in scope, but a newbie hearing it for the first time could find it helpful. A huge downside is that the entire thing is based on the experiences and opinions of one woman, from the about me page:

"My name is Krista Mesenbrink, CDP, AT, MT-BC . I have worked hands on for 5 years de-escalating and engaging thousands of people with dementia as an Activity Therapist in a geri-psychiatric hospital that exclusively helps patients with challenging behaviors. I am also a Certified Dementia Practitioner and hold a certification from The Alzheimer’s Association in Person-Centered Dementia Care."

There is absolutely no doubt that many in the caring profession haven't got a clue about dementia and I think this could be a great first step for someone working in a care setting to gain perspective, but I was a little troubled by Ms
Mesenbrink's seeming presumption that her answers are an absolute truth. But kudos to her, as you mentioned Mipollito if it only helps one person it's a plus.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter