Follow

Right before dr. came in hubby ie losing weight, cause reheated food not hot enough. Made me mad now, I have to give insulin shot. Came home I forgot to fridge. He yelled at me said he might as well go to nursing home.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
abcwangfoo, to clarify: are you saying your husband is blaming his weight loss and diabetes on you because you're not heating his food hot enough? And now you have to give him his insulin shots?
(0)

I am not sure that I understand your question. Can you give a bit more information please?
(0)

Well,he did say that about food.not blaming me for diabetes. I,do everything for him.the,isn't handicap.his,legs weak.wish,he could've been kinder to me. He is 79.had stroke last yr. No after affects. Sorry,I had to vent.tks for listening. Pat
(0)

Well, if hubby is going to complain about everything and make you angry, you can easily arrange to place him in a nursing home, no problem.

Nobody's perfect, so he needs to lighten up a bit and be grateful for all you're doing RIGHT!

Sorry you are going through this. Vent away, that's what we all do around here!
(1)

Okay, I see what you mean now. We all deserve to be appreciated for our efforts and he doesn’t seem to appreciate you. I would tell him that you don’t like being taken for granted.

Do you feel it’s time that he needs more help than you can give him? Tell him that if he isn’t satisfied with your care that you will be happy to find other living arrangements for him.
(0)

Tks,for replying.He,does appreciate most times.i wouldik never take him to nursing home.he will have to change.like,getting out of chair etc. I,will just have to do my pastime.maybe, practice singing,again.have Good wk. All. Pat
(1)

Well, maybe you just need a break from time to time. Do you have any help? Have you called Council on Aging to get an assessment for free help? They will sit with them, help bathe, prepare a light meal and so on. You can get out of the house for a few hours.
(1)

Somtimes,I go to my sisters.he,can be left alone.ase doesn't fall from his vertigo.he,takes cell phone and waker to bathroom. Have good wk💜
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter