Follow

I'm writing a paper on government funding medical needs for senior citizens. I don't think the government gives enough funding to senior citizens medical needs and waits until senior citizens exhaust all their resources to finally step in and help the elderly. Please give me your opinion.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I believe elders/family should private pay as long as they have the funds. Taxpayers should not be required to shoulder a burden so family has an inheritance. I think we need to look at how other nations handle this issue.  If we would stop these endless wars and funding the military industrial complex, I believe we could think about other options, but right now, where is the money?
(2)

NYDaughterInLaw is correct. This isn't the forum to offer free information for kids doing school papers. I asked for more information so that I could tailor my response according to the education level of the poster.

Future requests such as this should be reported to the admins. That is what I will be doing from now on.
(1)

This is a caregiving forum. Poster is not a caregiver. Please respect the forum. We talk about establishing healthy boundaries with our loved ones. In my opinion, establishing healthy boundaries with people "doing research papers" is just as important.
(3)

Is this for high school, undergrad, grad school? I would like more information.
(0)

There are people on this site from multiple countries with multiple systems for providing healthcare. Are we only speaking to the US? Don’t want to assume...
(1)

Feds aka the government already are the primary payor for health care for those over 65 via Medicare and prop up roughly 40% of the various Medicare advantage plans. Plus each state - by the Feds & state laws - are required to have dedicated funding for SNF through LTC Medicaid for those determined to be “at need” for SNCare medically and financially plus whatever else community based programs your state Medicaid has available. I’d bet Medicaid LTC alone already in the high 30% range for health care state dollars if not more for all 50 states.

To me it isn’t that “government” isn’t spending on senior citizens. That’s a fallacy, go to the CMS website and dive in to read just how much $ is spent. Its not more $ needed imho. But to me the issue is how $ is allocated.

Until US finally goes to true single payor system and actuarial index placed as a factor to ICD-10 care orders, the ideas floated out by politicians, AMA, industry lobbyists, big pharma, yada, yada name your group are just a bandaid on the costs of aging in America. The tsunami of baby boomers needing 24/7 oversight type of care probably will hit in 2025/2027 and it will collapse state budgets. Maybe then will a true change happen. Again imho US spends plenty of $ on “senior” health care costs; spending more not the solution. Spending less and spending differently is what needs to happen.
(3)

Definitely not just open to more opinions. If you don't want to help or share you can scroll right past.
(1)

I don't think she is asking us to do the assignment for her! I think she wants options on this topic (research)!
(2)

So are you asking us to do the assignment for you?
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter