Follow

Copy and paste this into your browser! It's a magic trick my daughter told me about, she used to be a CNA. Basically, you thread the diaper through the side of the pants and over the foot. This will make my life a lot easier! You can see a youtube video about this too, just search for "changing adult diapers without taking pants off".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S7fPpTqdUg0

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Unfortunately the link you posted is short on details and the video mentioned there is no longer available, but I've been telling people this for years!
(2)

LOL I got curious, so I tested this procedure by removing and replacing my underwear without taking off my pants. Easy enough to do with my shoes off. But I would think this would get awfully messy with a dirty diaper! Seems a lot easier and cleaner to use the diapers with side-tabs.
(1)

The method is to put on a clean pull up without having to remove pants and shoes, to remove the dirty one you simply tear the sides - most of them are designed to tear easily.
And 99% of changes involve urine only, a major clean up is necessarily going to be much more difficult but this would still be preferable to stripping down if you are in a public washroom.
(2)

I've seen something similar and thought it was amazing! Thanks for passing it along so it might help someone.

Edited to add: I never thought to try to tear the sides, thanks, cwillie!

It just popped in my head, especially for a messy Depends, perhaps have bandage scissors (blunted ends for safety) by the toilet, and cut along both hip lines, then slip the Depends out. This can be helpful especially for elders who have very heavy legs or can't help lift their own feet to slip off the Depends.
(1)

OMGoodness. I always did 1st leg like that but just not the 2nd! Fantastic!!

Cwillie: the strip off in the public bathroom? Shudders. The "great brown bear day" in Jan is etched forever on my memory.
(0)

I grabbed the wrong link initially. Here is the right one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S7fPpTqdUg0

I tried to edit it, but it didn't take.
(1)

Thanks for the updated Nonnie - It is great that someone posted a video of this, it is hard to explain so people understand! I always started with the pull up between the ankles and did both legs the same way as demonstrated in step two....
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter