Follow

Hello All, This will probably be my last post. No questions here. Not really. Just really a statement and a goodbye. My mom passed away last Fri 5/22/2020. I've gotten so much support and information from this site. It's been so very helpful. She died from terrible sick lungs, COPD. No covid19, thank goodness. She was precious, so precious. Age 82, besides COPD, she was in a wheelchair from Parkinson's. She had a lot of health issues. She wasn't ready to die and fought it all the way. She was home, in a hospital bed with all the family. We all said our goodbyes. One thing I was not prepared for was terminal restlessness and dying Delirium. I can't express how scary and unbelievable that was... sundowners x 1Million+
I just wanted to put that out there to all in case it happens to you. Learn about it, just in case. It's normal from what I've recently learned. I hope it doesn't happen to you or your loved one. I had the morphine and lorazepam (all liquid) to give her but had not started it yet. That would have calmed her down and made the transition better or easier. I wanted her lucid, one more day, one last time to be able to talk to, listen and love on her before the end. I wanted to wait until the next morning for the hospice nurse to begin that stuff. She suffered through this. I regret that I didn't start the meds earlier. God, I loved my mom. She lived with me and I was her caregiver for years but the last couple of years has been hell. So, so very difficult. I don't regret it. I didn't know how much longer I could continue but thank you Jesus, He took her home. Be strong you guys. Love your loved ones through this awful covid19 mess, as best you can. Cherish every single little moment. All this shall pass. It did. It really has happened. God Bless all of you and thank you for all your personal stories. I appreciate them greatly.. Be kind.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I am sorry for your loss.

May God grant you grieving mercies and comfort during this difficult time.
(1)

I’m so sorry. Thank you for sharing. I’m sure your mother felt your love everyday. She was blessed to have you in her corner. I wish you peace and comfort
(1)

Thank you for your precious words, advice and sharing. Wishing you peace and comfort in this time of loss. .
(1)

I'm so sorry for your loss.
(1)

So sorry for your loss. You have your faith, so you know she is whole again and pain free. My comfort is knowing Mom had her faith and knew she was going to heaven.
(1)

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beloved Mom.   lil
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter