Follow

I WAS DEVELOPING A CLOSE RELATIONSHIP WITH MY FATHER BASED OF LOVE AND TRUST THE PAST 4 YEARS AFTER MOM DIED. OR AT LEAST I THOUGHT I WAS. NOW DAD IS SELF MEDICATING ON HYDROCORDON AND I BELIEVE HE HAS ALZHEIMER'S. HE LIVES ON HIS OWN CURRENTLY WITH RIDES TO THE BANK AND STORE BY HIS FRIENDS. HE'S IN TEXAS NEAR SAN ANTONIO. HIS DOCTOR IS IN SAN ANTONIO AND HE IS IN D' HANIS. WHEN HE HAS MEDICAL EMERGENCY MY HANDS WILL BE TIED WITH NO D.P.O.A. HIS MONEY WILL BE LOCKED UP. I WON'T BE ABLE TO PAY HIS BILLS. GUESS HE THINKS HE IS BULLET PROOF.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Why did your dad revoke the DPOA? I'm guessing you were the DPOA? Did he name someone else? Well, if your dad has a medical emergency it's his bills that won't get paid, not yours. If he's ok with that there's not much you can do.
(1)

What a slap in the face, when you just want to keep him safe.

Try not to get into a fight with him. If you make him defend what he did, he might be embarrassed to change it back. Is there anyone else in the family or community that can discuss it with him?
(1)

I know how you feel. My mother got mad at me and revoked DPOA she had given my son as primary and mine as alternate. We got written out of the will also. She thought she was bulletproof. She wasn't.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter