Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Very very sorry for your loss. My dad died of dementia a couple years back so for his sake it was probably a blessing but still difficult to lose someone like that. Prayers for your days ahead.
(3)

Again, thank you all for the support. It’s really comforting. It’s a big relief, it’s over for dad and my burden has eased. I’ve been grieving in bits and pieces for a long time. Dad really left us about 5 years ago as his dementia worsened. Now it’s just a matter of plodding along doing what needs to be done.

I did all the house/real estate stuff after mom died in 2917 so I’m not facing that job now. Cremation will be soon and I’ll make my last trip home to WV so dad can join mom.

I strongly encourage caregivers to utilize hospice. Try to find a non profit organization and get your loved one evaluated as soon as decline begins. It made a huge difference for my dad and for my peace of mind.
(10)

Windyridge,
Be sure to give and get hugs each morning, cherishing the two of you during this difficult time.
(2)

Windy, my thoughts and prayers. It finally over and now your dad is at peace. You can rest your head knowing you did a job well done. May you find comfort in the memories of your father and hold them dear in your heart. Wishing you strength and peace as you move along in a new chapter of your life. Take food care of yourself.
(3)

Oh, Windyridge, I am so sorry for your great loss. May sweet memories of your dad and your time together bring you peace.

Please, feel free to stay on this site. You may have insight that may help others. You're so right about this site being a great resource. Frankly, the people here saved my life.

*hug*
(4)

God bless. May he Rest In Peace!!
(3)

Dear "Windyridge,"

As losing a loved one with dementia is often called the "long goodbye" - like you said you already felt like you lost him five years ago and began the grieving process in "bits and pieces."

Even though I don't know you or your full story since I've only been on the forum a couple months, I still feel sad for your loss and will continue praying for you as you make that final journey home to WV to join your parents together - it will be bittersweet, no doubt.

May God's presence be with you always -
(3)

My heart breaks for you. Praying for peace & comfort... Glad your daddy is at peace now... God Bless you! 🙏💔💙
(4)

Very Sorry for your loss. prayers of comfort for you at this time.
Rbuser1
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter