Follow

Excellent edition of the current AARP Bulletin. Not the magazine, but the "newspaper like" Bulletin. All about nursing homes, and about Covid-19. However, more fascinating still to me was the article on page 26 entitled "A Failing Business Model."
Full of information such as how much money Nursing Homes in America make from Medicaid. Fully three-fifths of the income of 1.3 milions nrusing homes resident's fees are paid by Medicaid. Also goes into the money made off medicare for skilled nursing and rehab.
I know many caring for elders are not yet old enough to have the bulletin delivered. Hope you can access it online.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
AlvaDeer, I will need to check out my copy of the bulletin.
(1)

https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/health/info-2020/covid-19-nursing-homes-an-american-tragedy.html
(2)

This has been a tragedy that is still playing out if facilities all over the world. As much as we have learned since March that knowledge hasn't seemed to be able to keep covid out of retirement and nursing homes, since most have implemented restrictions and some are even still banning visits I have little doubt that staff are the weakest link, I'm not sure that the funding model makes much difference.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter