Follow

Thank you. That is what I thought. My cousin who has a law degree from another state than ours and don't know if she has or has not passed the bar but suspect she may have passed the bar. and who has not ever practice law and who does not have her California state bar licensing and who now lives in the UK was designated by aunt as her Power of Attorney. Am I the caregiver correct in doing due diligence in investigating a possible lack of education that my Cousin lawyer has not informed my aunt of this complex filing. Only concentrating on estate planning?

I fail to mention that the complex question that my cousin lawyer had not educated this health wishes to my aunt and see if she decides her last wishes should of been explained to her.
As far as I know because I asked my aunt after I educated her and she does not and is of sound mind that she would of remembered if explained by the cousin who was just given power of attorney not long ago. Again I will contact my cousin who remember i said lives not visiting lives in the UK. and I know she has been working on the estate updates portfolio?(Will?) much to her favor I suspect but wont go there. The Advanced health care wish section of the other complex Question you answered thank you, I am left out of the loop for reasons I can't explain or never asked but I am the guy the everything 24/7 guy with all the hats to keep up this place im the ground doing the lifting. And I care and not dumb I want to make sure as this has been discussed several times over the years between my charge with my aunt a few times.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
exactly! I thought so to she can name anybody but my question was I think this complex health care may be one thing to be prepared at least educate her on. That my cousin lawyer has or has not before I ask her/ family may think I am stirring the pot by my question that is why i came here first. i can be more confident and assertive.
(0)

As POA she has no responsibility to educate your aunt about advanced directives. Her responsibilities are regarding financial transactions. Feel free to discuss this with your aunt.
(0)

thank you i am sorry that im new here and my be answering or posting same comments trying to remember wher the posting goes with my answers. here is the answer: my cousin the lawyer is my aunts sisters sons daughter.
(0)

There is no reason that the POA should take care of the healthcare directive. In fact, they seldom do, in my experience. If your aunt is of sound mind all she has to do is fill out the form, naming whomever she wants as a the healthcare proxy, and signing in whatever way is prescribed in her state (in front of a notary, etc.)

I think there may be some confusion here as to exactly the role of a POA. Search for articles on this site for more explanations.

(Is this cousin your aunt's daughter?)
(0)

As far as I know because I asked my aunt after I educated her and she does not and is of sound mind that she would of remembered if explained by the cousin who was just given power of attorney not long ago. Again I will contact my cousin who remember i said lives not visiting lives in the UK. and I know she has been working on the estate updates portfolio?(Will?) much to her favor I suspect but wont go there. The Advanced health care wish section of the other complex Question you answered thank you, I am left out of the loop for reasons I can't explain or never asked but I am the guy the everything 24/7 guy with all the hats to keep up this place im the ground doing the lifting. And I care and not dumb I want to make sure as this has been discussed several times over the years between my charge with my aunt a few times.
(0)

So do you mean to say that your aunt has no advanced directive aka living will?
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter