Follow

god get with the times. how about a gallery for personal photos, alerts when you have hate mail, and pronouncing who made the last post on a thread. allowing youtube links would be rather " 20th " century too. the dead sea scrolls were more interactive. ok, im being melodramatic now , but how about provisions for that too?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Heck, I would be happy with an old fashioned chat room. (Wow, calling it that made me feel very old.)
(2)

I would like to see who the last person who posted was. Sometimes I remember the number of posts in a thread. Sometimes I don't. I am all the time going to check to see if anything new has been posted.

But who am I to complain. This site is free and I've met some wonderful folks here who I know I would like if I met them in person.
(2)

we ARE old, give us what we want at no cost or we'll tear this place down.. what we lack in consumer leverage we more than make up for in just good old fashioned hippie entitlement attitude.
(2)

@ jesse, trust me we suck in person. anonomity is the SHIT!!!...
(0)

fire a couple of those " capns got booze tonight " moderators and hire a programmer. damn keep your eye on the ball..
(1)

I agree Jess. This site has helped me through more than a few tough times.I get so frustrated and think I have it so bad...and then every day I read about someone that has it so much worse. There but for the grace of God....
(3)

On another forum I am on we have parties!! ( my idea, TYVM) . I was in charge of the contests-I had questions about the show our forum was about and the one to get the right answer first got a "prize"--a gif--( look it up --not my forte--I cannot explain it) and posters would down load appetizer pics and drink pics and we had links for our favorites songs and we all got loaded together !!--haha-by the end of the night the posts were rather indecipherable!!! It was a blast. Some posters were afraid we were going to get kicked off but we didn't!!! For goodness sake it was for a Real Housewife show-like they don't condone bad behavior! well, Bravo did end up canceling the boards but I take no responsibility for that ! We opened up our own now!

I think this forum is a nice place for info and simple chatting but I do wish we could upload more photos to share. And those GIFs. They are nice and fun. And smilies. I wish we had smilies. I use them a lot usually. It helps let the reader of a post know if the post was in fun or sarcastic or sympathetic . Sometimes , with these posts, it is hard to tell the what the tone is supposed to be.
(1)

Unless it's cptn, then we KNOW it's sarcastic.;)
(4)

this site is sterile, antesthetic, misery and id personally light my own farts to break up the despairity..
(0)

HA cap'n...tried to visualize that and I think my head almost exploded!
I wish there was some way to build a "friend network" where posters who connect well with each other (similar circumstances, senses of humor,etc) could converse more directly...let our hair down a bit more so to speak. Don't know if I'm expressing this clearly.
(2)

I agree. we need a forum to get away from why we are here in the first place and just have fun with ppl who understand each other and can complain and laugh at the same time.I don't agree with sharing pics. I DO NOT want to see cptn wearing a lampshade on his head.
(1)

lighting farts is SO photogenic.. well , yaya done had a good visual of that.. better than this " moms a real flat tire" shit aint it ?
* sigh *
(1)

The lampshade won't bother me ... it is what else he isn't wearing that might be the problem!
(1)

just sayin , my mother is nuts, your mother is nuts, mother theresa is nuts. lets ease up on on ourselves..
(2)

Right?! I totally understand and respect the need for a space to discuss serious issues and provide compassionate support, but sometimes all that just gets to me and I actually end up feeling worse. I NEED to laugh, get stupid silly sometimes,cuz if I don't I might crack and crumble to the floor in a million pieces.

I joined another site before I found this one -didn't stick with it because the discussion boards were not active at all (still too new, i think) but they did have a way to make friend requests, kinda like FB, and then "friends" could send messages directly to each other without going through the discussion boards. They also provided a place to write a "journal" that you could either share or keep private. Thought that was a nice option too.
(0)

That last post was in response to Boni - didn't write it fast enough!
(1)

Come on over to reality smack guys. I am sweetthunder there. (my huffy bike when I was a wee girl-loved that bike!!!) we have an off topic thread if you don't watch reality tv.
(0)

BAHa, Jeanne - I just read your post...now my head IS exploding!!!
(0)

this IS a very active site it just makes you want to slash your wrists. screw that, were good people who have stepped up and gone the long haul and we ought to lose our regrets and guilt and realize that were special.. my mom told me yesterday that she wants me to be in charge of her circumstances cause ive got a spine. those are moms wishes, id smack a judge right out of his evening gown to uphold them. elders delegate the one they trust 40 years in advance, dont let anyone question it..
(1)

yes we need to laugh... capn is pretty reliable for that!! I kinda have dubbed this my MommaFacebook!

I thought wouldn't that be cool if we could all just get together one day and just get hammered!!!
(1)

and to add captn statement FOLKS put me Aexecutor and dnr/ahcd at 19 ys old, (over my brothers who were 27 n 31 but I digress) They know who will fight and take good care on their behalf is my point!!
(0)

compassion blows. this isnt off topic, easing up on ourselves IS the topic..
(0)

" hammered " that term alone is funnier than hammered hell. id like to tie yaya up with her own undergarments.. dont mind me, i threaten to tie everyone up..
(1)

and duct tape their protest holes..
(0)

sounds good to me JuJu - make that a double please
(1)

one more thing. when i read a thread about a question i dutifully read the replies only to find out that only the top ten replies have been listed. then i have to opt to read all replies and most are repetitive. this aint funny AC. the least popular answer may be the one that makes my day. your forum is ill constructed and it id doubtful that ill ever stop bitchin about it. if you dont adapt to what people want youll be dinosaur shit in 6 months..
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter