Follow

In my job, I sometimes deal with clients who are...let's just say a wee bit haughty and egocentric. I used to have a Post-It pad that read, "Dr. Kervorkian called. He can fit you in next Tuesday." I only used those precious Post-Its when I was replying to a client I didn't like anymore.

None of them ever suspected, but my staff knew and they thought it was hysterically funny. All these years later, I watched a documentary about him and I thought what a compassionate, practical, loving man he was for what he did. Now that I'm caring for seniors who claw at my arms and tell me how they wish they would die, I have more respect for his work than ever before.

Why don't we have a choice in our own lives? Why don't we have a choice about our own deaths? How can that be fair? Even Patrick Henry said, "Give me Liberty or give me Death." C'mon America!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
My SIL is a dr who believes in Dr assisted suicide. It's not legal in our state, so we joke between us, when I am having a bad day, if I want to take a trip to Oregon with him.

Yes, very dark humor, but I refuse to be a burden to my family when the time comes.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter