Follow
Read More
New pic of Bruce in my profile....he is murdering some Christmas decor in this one!

I think he really enjoyed Christmas, probably more than any of us humans. The paper! The ribbon! The decorations! The roast beast! Oh my!
(5)

Tried to wrap presents today. With a kitten in the room. BWAHAHAHAHA!

The squirt gun is so ridiculous. Now Bruce just gets up on his hind legs and tries to bat the spray, like it's a fun toy. And all I can do is laugh, because that darned spray bottle worked with every other cat I've ever had or known. When he first came home with me, I remarked to everyone that, "He ain't afraid of NUTHIN'." And it seems to be true.
(3)

Lying down typing with one finger (pain day) so I won't write much. But I do love reading everyone's animal stories!
(2)

Chloe is getting so big,, I swear she is 4 inches taller in 4 weeks! Bella is here today through the holidays, and the puppy is now as big as her. They are getting along pretty well, although right now Chloe is asleep in Bella's "pup tent" and not her own.. but Bellas doing OK with that! And Bella is in a much better mood than last time, so there is hope..LOL
(3)

I don't need to feed outside large four legged critters as my wild child Charlie is very social. In nice weather when one of us wakes up early, we leave the back door open wide enough for Charlie to go in and out as he pleases, or else he drives us crazy.

Well one morning we walked into the kitchen and there at the cat feeding station was the largest raccoon I ever saw and Charlie sitting nearby. Guess he invited the racoon in for breakfast :P The raccoon turned to look at us then went right back to eating, then eventually waddled out.  Raccoons are all fur and can collapse their bones in order to squeeze into a tight opening.

I had to throw out all of the dry food, water, and wash the dishes. In the mean time Charlie was out looking for his next guest. Couple months ago he tried to bring in a fox, but the fox couldn't get through the opening in the door. The fox panic when he saw me.

That's my boy :))
(6)

Never had much luck feeding wild animals that come to my door-they all end up moving in at great expense. Moving the feeding station to the back will help, if I have visitors with a dog.

Many thanks for the little christmas ideas! Nothing could brighten my day more while I am sick in bed here. Well, if I did have a pet to guard me, snuggle at the foot of my bed, that would be nice too. Guess squirrels cannot be that.

Book, You are a trooper when it comes to fighting off those illnesses! Keep up the good work. Thanks for the wishes!

Ali, Traveling mercies for the holidays, and get well soon!
(4)

I hope you get well soon, Send. At least you’re still able to read and post. On my last flu, I was really angry that I couldn’t read at all. It caused headaches. What a waste of 1 week off from work.
(3)

I definitely have plague and am dying. Despite my active dying, I'll try to get butt in gear and drive down to bro's house today. Just as easy to die down there as here in my apartment. 😷🤒🤕🤧

Hope you feel better very soon, Send. My mom had some sick recently, it ran two weeks. She said the doctor knew what it was -- a virus strain going around this year. I fear that's what I have, but hopeful that it's some lesser thing that will resolve sooner than 2 weeks.
(3)

Oh, have you seen your neighbor's cat? lol.

I think I might have the bubonic plague.....

Well, it is freezing outside.......you know, OUTSIDE, where the rest of the world is enjoying life, riding their bikes at 5 a.m.,  not helping.....the kitchen is closed until further notice.  I am sicker than I thought.  No worries.
(3)

Send, if I were you I would move the feeding station farther away from your house, you don't want an overly entitled tree rat ... er, ah, cute furry squirrel....getting inside and going squirrelly. And the little buggers ... cute, fluffy tailed friends?... can chew their way in if they are determined.
(5)

My visiting squirrel came by today. After giving her about a cup of peanuts (fed by hand)
and closed the door, it was "Bam, Bam, Bam!".
She has climbed the screen door, demanding more. Face to face with Ritatouille as I opened the slider, she got down and tried to come inside.
She has got to learn some manners if we're to get along.
She doesn't know we are running out of peanuts, as I have not been to the store.

She has been such good company.
(9)

I understand why firemen don't come to rescue cats from trees. Their observation is "Have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree"
(8)

My cats are all indoor only, one in particular, Charlie, makes
the odd attempt to escape. I do bring snow into them
in a plastic box. They usually muck around in it a bit
and then maybe a bit more as it melts. Maybe I should
hide some raw chicken in it to enrich their environmental
experiences, lol!
(3)

OMG FF - the mental picture I got of a disembodied doormat wandering around your yard was hilarious!!

Some of those firefighters are HOT. I might consider getting "stuck" in a tree to get rescued, lol.

I bought Bruce one of those chirping toy birds at the pet store today. Supposed to be for Christmas but once he heard it, it was game over. Lol, well, he doesn't know what Christmas is anyway. Maybe it will distract him from the tree ornaments....
(1)

LoL! Didn’t think of that! Maybe that was the woman’s plan the whole time!
(4)

Yes Lizzy, The woman and the kitty did behave badly But,I think it was kind of a good idea for the woman to get stuck too,because where I live,the fire department won't come anymore to get a cat out of a tree but because there was a woman stuck too,they came.
(3)

There was an article in our local newspaper this morning.

A 27 yr old woman’s pregnant cat was in her tree. Woman got a stool and climbed tree to get her poor kitty.

Now woman and kitty are stuck in Tree. Fire Dept had to rescue both woman and kitty!

Woman and kitty were 12 feet up in tree!!!

Yikes! Woman and kitty behaving badly!
(5)

Dorianne, I had a cat that through snow was one very large litter box :P

Another cat whenever we got a foot of snow would plow underneath the snow to get to the backyard bird-feeder.... what was hysterical was she would first get under the woven outside door mat and use that as camouflage. We would see that mat traveling the yard, couldn't see the cat :P
(2)

FF - oh no, how sad and awful!

I think whomever Bruce's dad was he must have been big. Bruce is only a little over 4 months and he's HUGE. He seems to grow right in front of your eyes!  His mom has a stocky build, but is average size (and also a tortie). 

He touched his first snow today! I took him with me to massage therapy and let him check out the snow after the appt. (He's otherwise and indoor cat.) He thought it was weird, and then he started eating it! It looked like he had a sudden revelation that snow is just frozen water, lol. He didn't really want to be out there, though, so we didn't check it out for long.
(1)

Dorianne, as mentioned my wild child Charlie is Bombay and his litter mate sister was a Maine Coon mix... go figure. It's my understand each time a cat mates, that creates one kitten for each cat the female mated with, up to a limit.

Anywho, we think we saw Charlie's dad, an unfixed Black Bombay. As for the Maine Coon, a neighbor on the next street came over to chat, apparently his purebred Maine Coon male show-cat escaped one day... oops. The little guy was busy. We had no idea that the kitten we had would be a Maine Coon as she didn't show her breed until she was 2 years old. It was amazing watching her develop month after month with something different.

What is really sad, the mother cat, who was a stray, a beautiful tall white with black markings passed on after 5 weeks of having the kittens. When we saw her and one of her kittens in distress we rushed them to the Vet. Well, this was Texas where rat poison is popular to use to control the rats. Well, mother cat was trying to feed her young and teach them to hunt, not knowing this one rat she caught had eaten some poison... [sigh].
(1)

Maybe his brother or a cousin Lucky!
(2)

Was it Willis?
(1)

A good friend has an outdoor cat, she confided the other day that her kitty is an avid hunter and his prey of choice is squirrels. Last week he brought home one of the town mascots... oops! (shh, don't tell anyone lol)
(3)

Gosh, I don't know if Bruce has Bombay in him....it says "father unknown" on his birth certificate, lol! The other 7 kittens in the litter were either creamy white or orange tabbies....he was the odd cat out, so they might not all even have the same father! (I've heard such things are possible with cats.)

I think the water thing is pretty funny, to be honest. He IS getting a tiny, tiny bit better, and he is still super lovey and cuddly when he wants to be.  Maybe it's a phase.  Or....

I wonder if he is in pain from his hernia? That might be a cause of the fighty-bitey. He is getting that dealt with January 4, same day he gets fixed. Either way, I'll talk to the vet about the fighty-bitey problem and see what he says.
(0)

Dorianne, if your cat is a Black Bombay or has any Bombay in him, he will like water. My Bombay, 17 going on 2, likes going out in the rain.... it could be because I dry him off when he comes in as quickly as I can otherwise he tries to shake the water off like a dog would. He even lets me dry off his feet. Then 10 minutes later, he's back out the door into the rain.... rinse and repeat :P
(1)

Puppy dentures!! I have noticed if I have hand cream on she licks... At this point I pick her and a toy up at the same time.. she loves to be on our laps..
(1)

Doriannie try the compressed air cans next. Probably won't work either given his personality.
Pam try putting ointment on your hands with a strong smell she does not like and that may deter her. Vicks comes to mind but I have never had to deal with that problem. Either that or have her teeth extracted and buy false ones!!!!!!
(1)

Chloe is teething, she is a land shark.My hands are covered in tiny bites and I have puppy hickeys!! We are trying to redirect her to her toys.. but my goodness! She was much better behaved the past two days while Bella was here ( 5 lb 9 yo Chihuahua) but then Bella takes no crap!!
(2)

So...update on the water bottle squirting: Bruce thinks it's hilarious. He actually opens his mouth for a squirt! So much for that, lol.

I think it's might just be his "kill" drive. The last kitten I had (years and years ago) was soooo chill with people...but he probably had a thousand "kills" under his belt by this age, from attacking moths and spiders and other bugs. Up here in mom's apartment, there aren't any kind of bugs, ever. Bruce has become dissatisfied with "killing" toys.
(3)

CHRISTMAS FOR ALLEY CAT
BY SUSAN BECK

THE STORY OF THE ALLEY CAT

FROM THE BEGINNING, NOT THE END,
IS SAD BECAUSE OF THE WAY HE LIVES HIS LIFE
IT LEFT HIM WITHOUT A FRIEND
WHEN HE WAS JUST A KITTY
HIS MOTHER WAS ILL AND DIED
HE LIVED IN DIRTY BOXES
THE ALLEY WAS HIS LIFE

HE LIVED AROUND THE GARBAGE CANS