Follow
Read More
4 5 6 7 8
I did treat the carpets just last night. I wonder if flea collars would help the cats? Does anyone have any recommendations for a brand of flea collar?
(2)

Treat the carpets for fleas, then repeat it when the next flea cycle hatches.

Cut a piece from a flea collar and place it in your vacuum cleaner bag.
(4)

Lucky,u, the thing I’ve use for flea control in California is the drops you put on the back of the cats neck or using flea powder. We are very blessed here in Idaho because fleas are not a big issue. I have4 cats that are indoor only. We have birds of prey in our area plus badgers show up in the early summer. In Idaho it’s very different as we very seldom see a cat outside.
(3)

What a good question Once, The fleas are a big problem here too,so I'll be interested in anyone's suggestions.
Thank you for asking ~
(2)

The two cats in my life are my son's cats. I'm a dog person, but they don't know it. They have been patient with me and my clumsy cat handling - which has gotten much better over the past months. When I first moved into my son's house to take care of him, they were just not that interested in me. Both cats are males and they have become quite affectionate with me as the months have passed and they have learned to trust me. While my son is still number one in their lives, they have made room in their day for me.

Now that spring is here, we are battling an outbreak of fleas. I use two different flea topicals, two weeks apart, on the cats. I had the yard sprayed and sprayed again. I found a spray for inside the house that works well. My son has always allowed them access to the backyard, they love sleeping on the deck in the sun. The exterminator said it must be other cats with fleas (we do have cats drop in over the fence to visit) or the neighbor has fleas in their yard, because both cats keep getting fresh fleas.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a topical that has worked really well? One of the cats has a dense thick coat and is light colored - I know his coloring is like a flea magnet when he steps outside. Currently I am using Advantage Multi and Advantage II - they are different chemicals which seems to help. Thanks for reading!
(3)

Praying for trouble.

No, that did not come out right.

Praying for the cat, named Trouble. 🐱

Hoping Trouble is okay.
(4)

So cute!
After all these years, (four?), my Tweety bird walked up to me and gave me a kiss! Very gentle. Surprised. He has only recently landed on my shoulder.
Landed on my bed, walked up my body to my fingers. Now, to my face.
So sweet.

But not sure I will allow it again, he may bite. He has occasionally got my finger. And it is spring, it could be his hormones. Lol. 🐦 He is a budgie.
(5)

Ming has had a rough couple of days. How do they get sick when they never go out? Started with a huge hair ball followed by diarrhea. She used the tub for the worst part of it. Though not at all desirable but much better than anywhere else!

She finally seems to be feeling a bit better this morning. No, she didn't eat her rubber band.😿😿

Somehow I have catnip invading my garden area. Literally taking over everything! I never even planted any. Where did it come from? How to eliminate it?
(2)

Gershun,

Sorry that your kitty has kidney disease. It seems like you have a great vet that knew how to get him to eat.
(1)

My kitty has been prescribed an appetite stimulant because of his kidney disease. I tried and tried to tempt him naturally but to no avail. I've given it to him once and man he wolfed down his food. Maybe it works too good? I'm only supposed to give it to him every 72 hours so that's probably a good thing.

Yes Glad, your kitty sounds beautiful.
(3)

Your cat sounds beautiful, Glad. It’s interesting to see how many breeds of cats are among us. They are all special in their own way.
(3)

Ming is also an indoor cat, doesn't even care about going outside. She is about 5. I got her as a very sickly kitten from a county shelter. She had come in with a bunch of ferals. Finally got an antibiotic that worked for her.
(3)

Ming has Siamese markings, more dirty whitish and kinda dark brown. Main color is the dirty white.

This looks like her, though her eyes are not crossed.
https://www.dailypaws.com/cats-kittens/cat-breeds/balinese

So, I guess she is Balinese, much more exotic sounding isn't it?

She also plays fetch. She loves chasing after crumpled napkins, sometimes. After I toss one she will wrestle with it a bit, then bring it back for me to toss a few more times.
(3)

Bought asparagus today. Those dang rubberbands tend to disappear.

Ming is a long hair, very fine fur cat. She doesn't develop mats often so she takes care of herself pretty well. The spring shedding season is driving me nuts, it is everywhere.

I have a comb, meant for kitty mats that she really seems to enjoy. She won't let me brush her for very long, but will take a break and come back to let me do more! And while she waits, she will play with the comb/brush, chewing on it and trying to toss it about.

She is looking a bit sleeker tonight. We will work on it again tomorrow.I

🙀🙀
(6)

Ever look up dogs who have personalities like cats?

I have and from my experience it’s true.

We adopted a greyhound and they are unusual dogs. They don’t bark unless they pick it up from other dogs.

They are somewhat aloof like a cat. They may race at the track but they are lazy at home, just like a cat! They are couch potatoes.

My daughter has a Siberian husky and they have with compared to a cat too. They can be stubborn just like a cat. They do things on their terms not ours. Very independent dogs!

Greys and huskies don’t eat enormous amounts of food like some other breeds.

I always say that we live with our cats instead of them living with us. My cat was very independent. She was affectionate but only when she chose to be.

They are so smart! Very intuitive.
(2)

My daughters cat pulls her water fountain off the mat too if it’s not full and ends ups spilling water .
(3)

One of my cats, if any one of the water bowls are too low of water for his liking, he will pull that bowl off the place mat, then a foot from the place mat, and eventually that bowl will be sitting in the middle of the room.

Our other cat was adopted from a colony of feral cats [we got her from the shelter]. Oh my gosh, even if her dry food bowls have food in them, she will act like she just walked across the Alps and needs food. She's a butter ball but has a strange shape, body like a box with a head on it, and shorter than normal legs [not a munchkin]. Being short, poor thing cannot jump up on things like our other cat can, and we know its in their DNA to get as high up as they can. She looks so sad.

I always have a smorgasbord of different dry food for the two cats. I had read half century ago that cat's blood sugar drops and they need that mid-morning, mid-afternoon, and mid-night feeding. So, I always had followed that rule.

One very over-weight cat we had, she was a year old stray, became a butter ball after being spayed, and she lived to be 17 years old, even after having a stroke she learned to adjust and finally recovered.
(6)

My dog would knock over the bowl sometimes but my cat never did.

They have their own unique personalities!
(3)

I've heard of other cats that don't like their food bowls to be empty.
Rocky is not a foodie except for her treats. Once I didn't notice that her dry food bow was empty. She went out and caught herself a critter and coughed up some of its innards on th bedroom floor. I have kept her bowl full since then. Pumpkin, the one we lost, had to poke and splash their water bowl I had to keep it in the basement shower stall or there was water all over the floor.
Had a sweet black cat who would sit by the food bowls if they got low - just to let me know She sat by the dog's bowl too if it was low or if any cat (we had four at the time) upped a fur ball, she would sit by it till I cleaned it up. If one of us humans were upset she would go and sit by them. She looked after everyone.
(5)

Is my cat the only one that flips her food bowl ? I thought that was a dog thing .

Daisy is 3 years old. When I first got her as a 4 month old kitten she would eat like she was never going to get another meal again . That’s because I got her from a foster cat mom with 20 kittens at the time . Anyway I guess she learned to eat fast before all the food was gone . Daisy was getting a bit heavy . So the vet told me don’t fill her bowl as much . Can’t let her be a grazer . Measure out specific amounts and feed twice a day like a dog .

Daisy does not like her bowl totally empty , often she will save a few morsels in it for a snack for later , I guess she’s afraid she’ll starve . Sometimes she will go over to her bowl and meow and stare at me. Or she will go over to the pantry door where she knows the container of food is and meow or paw at the door . Sometimes she will smack the bowl with her paw until it flips over to let us know it’s totally empty .
And no, she’s not starving . If I put food in the bowl she often walks away and comes back much later to eat. She just doesn’t like it empty 🙄🙄🙄
(5)

Love the kitty stories.

I had to laugh the other night. Lights were out and I was half asleep. Suddenly I felt the bed shaking and my first thought was that there was an earthquake. 😲 Then I realized it was Ricky having a very vigorous scratch! 😸🤣

She is so funny. She has her computer time when I first come up to bed, then when she tires of it she hops down and into her cat bed to sleep. Later she may come up for a visit or settle at the bottom of the bed. I have a towel there for her and that's her spot. They are such creatures of habit,
(3)

Our kitten (9) months old is a terrorist. She gets hold of paper towels and toilet paper shredding it with her teeth! Yes she bites it to tear it about. I think it’s funny, my hubs…..not so much lol! She is a character.

my hubs always has issues accepting new pets especially if the new pet is not like him in terms of what he likes eat.

midnight is very energetic and not any different than any other kitten.

she is a love bug but has a side to her where she rips throught the house tearing up paper towels. The simple solution is to put towels in a closed cupboard at night and the same with tp, lol!
(7)

Glad,

Ming’s personality sounds so cute and playful!

My cat lived to be 16. Sweetest cat in the world! She didn’t like my nieces and nephews at first. She was annoyed with them! LOL She would hide when they came over to visit.

I was afraid that she wouldn’t like our daughter when we brought her home from the adoption agency. She sniffed her, saw that she wasn’t going anywhere and decided to accept her as part of the family. She died when my daughter was two years old. My younger daughter never knew her but she saw her pictures that I have of her.

That cat went through everything with me. I had her before I got married. So, she lived in several apartments. Only one time, she was fearful of being in a new place. She hid under my sofa for three days, but when she decided to come out, she acted like she owned the place.

She cracked me up when she would tear up and down the stairs. She was incredibly fast!
(3)

Ming has lost her rubber band again. Maybe she will have found it when I get home.
(3)

I get down on the floor to do my exercises and Ming is right there next to me, rolling over and over and over. She needs exercise too.

When I walk, she lays on a bathroom counter waiting for me to come in there to turn around.
(5)

There is a recent posting by a woman who is helping out an old woman who is a hoarder and has nine cats. She’s asking for ideas. Please advise her on this topic.

The post title is, Hi, I used the profile “about me”to talk about my situation. Can that be directed to this area?

MJ was kind enough to copy and paste her profile onto the thread.
(1)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to take the cat to another vet, get a second opinion about the behavioral issues. If that doesn't help, then I know I've done the best I can, and will re-home him.
(2)

This dar!ing golden would never need a smart collar! Yes, you need to check out this very short video!😂😂

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0cb8PrKZCvE
(1)

It says that Moggie tracks your pet's behavior.
We really need that for humans!
(1)

I get pet luv but a smart collar for cats (and no doubt dogs too)? Seriously?🙄
(1)

4 5 6 7 8
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter