Follow
Read More
3 4 5 6 7
Gershun and Lu, so sorry for your pet troubles! Good health to them both.
(2)

Yes, he's the one in the middle of the photo. My dear sweet Henrick. The other cat on top is Daniel. It will be two years in August since we lost him.

We dropped Henrick off at the vet this morning. To be honest it's nice to know he's in good hands and someone else is taking care of him for a bit. Gives me a break. Kind of like respite care for humans I guess.

Thx for your comments it's me.
(4)

Lord God
Can you please give some grieving and overwhelmed pet owners a break?
You Lord, are walking beside them, right?

With us through the good and the bad,
with us through the fire.
(7)

Thx everybody, Your thoughts and prayers for Henrick are very important to me and him.
(3)

I'm so sorry Gershun.....
I'll be praying for you and Henrick again tonight~
(4)

Gershun,
Your vet would not have offered a treatment if it was Henrick's time.

The vet will inform you and make gentle suggestions, then you will know.

It is your pet, you will know without anyone else pressuring you.

Take heart that Henrick has this chance.

We are praying for you and your dear cat.
(5)

Gershun - hugs and prayers. I am sorry he is so ill.
(5)

Gershun,

Prayers for Henrick and hugs for you.
(3)

Sorry Gershun (((Hugs)))
(3)

Well Henrick's news isn't great. We are now battling anemia and pancreatic problems on top of his kidney disease which is getting worse. We are taking him in to the vet tomorrow for a two day IV flush. Sounds like a very temporary fix. But we'll try it once. I can't help feeling we are just prolonging the inevitable but I couldn't live with myself if we didn't at least try.

Prayers appreciated.
(11)

Prayers for Henrick and Trouble!
(2)

Please keep us pet lovers updated on Trouble and Henrick's progress, as you are able Gershun and Lu.
A burden shared is lessened when you know people care.
(4)

I'll for sure say prayers for Trouble Lu. Thx everyone for your good wishes and prayers for Henrick and Trouble.
(5)

Prayers for Trouble cat too. She must be pain, poor thing.
(3)

Prayers for Henrick.
Prayers for Trouble-cat.
(3)

Trouble,my 6 year old cat,isn't doing too good.
She has her tongue all the way out of her mouth and drool coming down from it,so I took her to the vet and the vet found that she has 2 infected teeth that have to come out.
She has to be put under and each tooth costs $400.00 to remove.
dH isn't happy about that.
Trouble hurts and still has several days till her surgery.
it's just pitiful to see her like this.
it 's hard to see Trouble in trouble.
(8)

Oh Gershun. I'm so sorry. It's hard when our sweet pets age and decline. Prayers for sure.
(3)

I'll send up some prayers for Henrick ,Gershun.
I'm so sorry he's not doing too good.
It's just awful when one of our babies are sick.
I sure hope he gets to feeling better~
(7)

Gershun,

Of course! I’m so sorry that he’s not feeling well.
(4)

Could you kind folks please say prayers for my sweet cat Henrick. He is on the decline. Thank you.
(7)

DIL,

You’re welcome. Great! That’s wonderful news. Try it in the yard. Fleas are a tough issue to deal with.

My cat lived to be 16. I had her before I met my husband. He had dogs and said that he didn’t know if he liked cats.

I told him that I would not marry him if I didn’t have my cat and that we were a package deal! LOL 😆

She won my husband over. He loved her as much as I did.
(2)

Thanks NeedHelpWithMom, the Adams house spray for carpets worked overnight - what a relief- I even sprayed the wood floors and the bathroom tile. I think i will try their outside flea spray instead of Bugfree Backyard. The stuff the professional used in the yard did nothing.

And yes, the vacuuming helped immensely - I sprayed the filter and the inside of the canister since I already had the Adams spray on hand. After vacuuming I immediately emptied the canister in the outside giant bin.
(2)

DIL,

Yeah, you really have to treat outdoors as well as inside. Talk with the vet about that too. Or a pesticide person.
(2)

Send,

Lots of vacuuming! Carpets, furniture, mattresses, etc.
(2)

From a study done by Ohio State University,
Homeowners dogged by household fleas need look no farther than the broom closet to solve their problem. Scientists have determined that vacuuming kills fleas in all stages of their lives, with an average of 96 percent success in adult fleas and 100 percent destruction of younger fleas.
(2)

What great ideas for treating fleas you all have~
We usually use the drops on the neck ,like you SharynMarie but last year they didn't work very well .Maybe it was the brand.
We also tried Diatomaceous Earth powder too.
Anyway,I appreciate what everyone said.
Thanks alot~
(3)

Thanks for the information NeedHelpWithMom and sp 19690. I will not get flea collars, I will contact my vet again, she was great and prescribed the Multi Advantage for both cats. I added the OTC Advantage II on my own. The answer would be to keep the cats inside, unfortunately my son chose this rent house to give the cats an outside space. They loved sitting outside with him at his last place. Really trying to keep things the way he prefers them, it seems a little thing to do for him.
(3)

A long time ago I dealt with a flea infestation with my cat. I had to bomb my apartment! You also have to treat outdoor areas.

It’s a tough issue to deal with. Ask your vet for advice.

When we adopted our greyhound dog we were told to never use a flee color on him. Greys are the sweetest dogs in the world. I miss him so much.

Good luck to you!
(2)

Flea collars are bad for cats because they can lick each other and poison themselves. You might try bravecto. All flea and tick products can have side effects but the soresto collar is the worst. Get the meds from the vet.
(2)

I did treat the carpets just last night. I wonder if flea collars would help the cats? Does anyone have any recommendations for a brand of flea collar?
(2)

3 4 5 6 7
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter