Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
There are some interesting sites and videos about cat proofing a balcony Dorianne, since you were planning to plant a garden out there the planters and trellis could do double duty and be made with cat enclosures in mind.
(2)

Well, young Bruce did the thing I fear most on Sunday morning - he got the screen door open and got out on mom's balcony to go after the pigeons! It's ONLY 6 stories up, with nothing but concrete below. EEK!  I was in the next room when I heard the pigeons' panic-flapping. 

Luckily, I got him back inside fairly quickly. The screen door is now taped shut on both sides with duct tape! I hope that keeps it secure....but I do close the glass door whenever I'm not in the room. I REALLY hope he doesn't start picking at the screen itself!

I would have to be put in the psych ward if my dear, sweet, wayyyyyyy overly-confident kitten ever fell 6 floors off the balcony!
(4)

Took both pups to the vet today for nail trims before mom and Aunt come home.. that was fun.. Chloe slipped her harness outside somehow.. in a heavy traffic area but hubs got her fast! And Bella is a total drama queen about nails,, you would think they were killing her! then when we got home Chloe got her first bath! She didn't hate it, and she smells a lot better.. and my bathroom is really clean now.. LOL
(1)

I watered flowers last night. As I was spraying a little bush I heard little baby kitten squeals. Here came a barn cat with a baby kitty in her mouth. I was a bad human mama. I sprayed them all wet!
(3)

Shadows of birds flying across the curtains! 😂😂😂
(2)

Bought a new pair of reading glasses today. Before I new it Ming was playing by the couch with the case they came in. Got the case back, moved the couch, there is my other pair of reading glasses! Now I will be sure to put them in the drawer on the coffee table so the goofy cat cannot retrieve them and place them beneath the couch or some other hiding place.

Under the couch there are about 8 empty tp rolls, one of her favorite toys.😁
(6)

I assume you will now be making a second sandwich, Carla? Only this time hold the salad. And the bread. A little mayo might be a welcome garnish...
(3)

Well, in this case I don't know which one of us (the cat or me) behaved worse. A little while ago I brought a nice sandwich to the table for my lunch. My very bold (and athletic) cat jumped up on the table to investigate it. I put him down on the floor. He jumped back up. I put him back down again. This happened five times, meanwhile my sandwich sits uneaten.

On the sixth try, I picked up my cat, opened the front door, and tossed him out. I ate my sandwich in peace, then got up and opened the door to let the cat back in. He scoots back in the door and immediately hops back on the table, looking for the sandwich. He walks up one end of the table and down again, a bewildered look on his face. "Where's that sandwich? It was just here a minute ago."

Mean Mommy, disappeared the whole sandwich while he was outside waiting for his share. :-(
(3)

PamZ. "It's going to be a river only thing..."

Uh, huh.
(3)

Pam, that's an adorable story! I guess that pupper is going to like river life a LOT!

Went to a friend's to get my hair cut yesterday, and took Bruce with me. I'd gotten him a nice long tie-out rope, but he sticks pretty close to me. Took him inside during the hair cutting, and tied him up inside too, just because I didn't want him going down into the basement (there's no door). Well, he kept getting tangled up in the furniture, but never complained - he just stops and sits down whenever the rope stops him from further exploration. Oh, except once, when he got all tangled up in the cables behind the TV. Then this one little cry came from the living room, just like, "Help!" He's a funny little dude.

On my respite today, BFF and I went to the park after swimming. We went to A&W on the way, but when I pulled the bag of fries out and offered some to her, the whole mess of them spilled on the ground! Boo!! We tried throwing them to the ducks, but they really didn't like them. Then a couple of ravens came by and started plucking up the ones the ducks didn't take. So I threw a few more to them. They were quite suspicious then!  Or is that just the way ravens look all the time?  Lol.  And then a marmot came along for the rest of the fries. OMG so cute. Marmots are like gerbils with squirrel tails, lol. I wished I'd had something healthier to feed it....maybe next time I'll think to throw some veggies in the truck.
(2)

Made me smile Pam, I could picture it all. :)
(2)

last night we went to the river house for an overnight to clean the boat up, do more housecleaning,, etc. Took both dogs for the first time to see how it would go.. and it went well. First time both dogs in bed with us ( going to be a river only thing..they were fine but only left it happen because they can both get onto the bed there.. not at home). We took the puppy on a golf cart ride, and I said to hubs that I wanted to let Chloe go down the boat ramp and see the water. ( Bella hates it..) So off she and I go, down the ramp. She stops almost at the water.. nope, not going there.. Hubs says.. "Chloe get a drink".. and all heck happened.. we are still laughing hours later! I walked her to the edge,, I stopped.. she kept right on going! She throws her feet out when she walks.. like a horse.. and she just marched into that water, and suddenly she was swimming,,and then she got turned around back to me and started leaping around like a hooked Bass! I was rolling and so was hubs! It was 90 degrees out but that water had to be cold. She bounced around so hard she got her harness under her leg.. then pranced out and did that doggy shake, and bounced into the cart and onto hubs. We were all soaked and happy. Seems like this dog may actually like the water! We never let her off her harness,, so no worries about drowning..
(5)

Susan - "he stole my heart" might mean he's already chosen you. ;-)

This morning Bruce had brought me a knee high nylon stocking.

I think he is almost over the biting, though! Maybe this was an exchange of behaviours.....which, honestly, I'll take the stealing over the biting.
(5)

Ugh...I must be starting the "crazy cat lady" tendencies early. I saw one at the shelter the other day that just stole my heart. He's got a rough history, and I think he'd really appreciate a good home. He was brought in as a stray, long hair all matted on his back and around his tail - and when they shaved him down, they found that the mat of hair had actually formed around some twine that somehow got tangled around his leg and tail, cutting off the circulation. He had to be shaved right down to the skin, and his tail and one back leg had to be amputated. He's a sorry looking sight right now, but I bet he'll be beautiful when his fur grows back - and he's getting around pretty well.

I'm trying to resist....not sure how well my male cat would do with another male in the house.
(4)

Other day caught our 12-year old Rosie up the patio drapes and was trying real hard to reach over to a wooden knick knack thingee I had on the wall. Apparently she didn't like my decorating taste ;P

Rosie has been with us only 4 months now, and she is trying real hard to get us to yell at her, apparently her previous owner must have. Well, she has the wrong audience here as we just laugh :))
(4)

Trip went well - kitties delivered safely, and my pup enjoyed the trip. His first trip to a big lake and he was fascinated by all the new smells. He met 2 new doggie friends on the beach and at a rest stop. I do miss my big dog, but I have to say it's SO nice to have a dog that does the "meet and greet" thing well! He's exhausted now. LOL
(6)

Well luckylu i don't speak cat but my guess is it's time to tidy your room. As for the fabric scraps that's a hint she wants you to sew her a quilt
(3)

Dorianne... I wonder if it's a "Thing" with black cats....My all black cat has been bringing down plastic bags all day from upstairs and she's brought a lot of fabric scraps down from upstairs before this but my 2 little Tuxedoes have never done this and you're right,no telln' whats next~
(3)

Nothing that's appeared in the litterbox yet, but Bruce HAS taken to stealing things out of my mom's room and bringing them into mine when we're sleeping! It used to be just destroyed toilet paper rolls from her bathroom. But yesterday he stole her water bottle! (One of those Rubbermaid reusable juice boxes.) Today I found the medical tape we use to tape up her dialysis catheter when she showers. I wonder what's next?
(4)

Ugh, hopefully not the litter box! Played some yodeling this morning. That car is a riot. No I was not yodeling. 😀
(1)

Yuck.... I'm warning my Charlie he'd better not try that.....
(1)

Gladimhere, that reminded me of my sig other and his glasses. We searched and searched for those darn glasses. Then the next day when I will cleaning out Charlie's litterbox, lo and behold, there were the glasses :P
(4)

That DARN cat! She has to chew and play with everything. Now I am missing a new pair of reading specs in a cloth case. At least I have another, bought on a twofer sale a few months ago. Eventually the new specs will turn up.😎
(3)

Susan...How kind of you to care so much about those cats and helping them receive a second chance.I hope your trip goes well~
(5)

Veronica, glad you got your kitty back!

Barney 2.0 and I are off on another kitty transport tomorrow. It's a win-win: I get to visit my favorite part of the state (and weather should be gorgeous), and the cats get taken to a shelter that will give them a 2nd chance to find a good home. (Our shelter is too full and can't keep them, and they don't want to euthanize them just because there's no space.)
(5)

My kitty came home today from her vacation with DD while we moved.
She was very skittish at first and seemed not to know us but maybe it was becaause it was a house she had never been in before. But she was soon off exploring and ended up on DH's bed.
(7)

HolidayEnd, did you gift wrap up some mice for Jacques?

It could be that he is skittish is because you probably are on different medicine since you have been sick, and he isn't sure if you are really you as you smell different to him.

It's strange how animals are like that, you'd think they would recognize you by sight, and not to have to also relies on smell and sound. It's like when you have a cold and your voice is raspy, the cats will look at you wondering what did you do with their owner, you sure look like the owner but don't sound or smell like the owner.
(4)

Happy Birthday Jacques! I hope you get Lots of treats and extra lovin' and HolidayEnd,I sure hope you're feeling better~
(3)

My elder kitty (he’s 17 because April is his birthday) has been skittish around me since I HAVE BEEN SICK. He’ll lay on my feet when I’m in bed, keeping them warm but he’s used to me upright perhaps and not helpless. He’s my Hurricane Katrina cat, he appeared right after the storm (he’d gone through it outside I guess). He’s always been a worker and tried keeping vermin under control. He patrolled our area and has a true and loving heart. He apparently is robust I see him running sometimes still. He’s my retired ‘doll baby’, enjoying his dotage. Happy Birthday Jacques!!! Seventeen long years!
(6)

My kittens love music and we listen to and do the Beanie Baby Boogie all the time,but they're scared of music boxes and don't like them,but when I sing too the kittens every night before their bedtime,their motors come on and they love it,probably since Iv'e been doing this with them since they were babies,certainly not because of my singing voice.
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter